your experience with paperless billing

bderouen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2006
South Central Louisiana
Hi all!
I have been and still am a very happy Dish customer. However I want to see, for those of you that are getting your bill online, are you getting any kind of notification through your email that the bill is posted to the website?

I do a lot of paperless bililng, receiving my bills through email and/or over the net. Every one of them has always at least sent me a notification that the bill is coming due, or when it's posted...or something. But since I've started Dish, I've yet to receive any kind of email notification. I emailed cust service and I was told that I had to select to receive emails on the site. Well, I did already, but I went back and did it again. I"m still not getting any kind of emails.

Is this normal for them? Do I just have to remember when it's due? I mean, I'm ok with that, but I just find it odd. What's some of your experiences?

Thanks!
Bruce

I have been on paperless billing for some time now and come to think of it, I don't recall ever getting any "courtesy reminder" e-mails from Dish.

I use my banks (http://www.compassbank.com) billpay with E-Bill and get an email from Compass (or their provider) when the bill is ready.

JFYI.

oooh Thanks for the idea. I never thought about that. I use my Credit Union's Bill Pay too for some of my bills, but I also use www.mycheckfree.com. I just checked their list of payees and Dish is on it! I know I not only get courtesy reminders, but I can schedule my payment in advance!

I appreciate it!!

Bruce

Hi all!
I have been and still am a very happy Dish customer. However I want to see, for those of you that are getting your bill online, are you getting any kind of notification through your email that the bill is posted to the website?

I do a lot of paperless bililng, receiving my bills through email and/or over the net. Every one of them has always at least sent me a notification that the bill is coming due, or when it's posted...or something. But since I've started Dish, I've yet to receive any kind of email notification. I emailed cust service and I was told that I had to select to receive emails on the site. Well, I did already, but I went back and did it again. I"m still not getting any kind of emails.

Is this normal for them? Do I just have to remember when it's due? I mean, I'm ok with that, but I just find it odd. What's some of your experiences?

Thanks!
Bruce

When I was with DISH for 4 years I never received notification that my bill was ready.I first found the day it was due then I would check for it around that day.:)
Is this normal for DISH? yes.Is this normal of other companies? no.

Last edited:
I signed up for the paperless billing about 8 months ago, and it seems like for the first several months I got an email that the statement was ready, don't recall getting one in a while. I know they've got my email 'cause I get the monthly "newsletter" from them. (Order more ppv & premium channels is what they're trying to sell in the "newsletter")
I'm on cc autopay so I don't usually look at the statement unless the bill is higher than what it runs each month.

i am an installed for dish, i had dish for several years now
the only time i see a bill is on channel 101 when i am installing

I've been on cc autopay for several years. I don't get a heads-up to check the bill online, but it really doesn't matter since the bill is the same each month. The price increase will make it higher, of course, and I know I can log on to find out the details.

Not getting a heads-up isn't a big deal to me. I consider it a good thing - it's just one less thing to clutter up my mailbox.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)