Youtube App?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Brian Fuller

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
Elkhart, Indiana, United States
If the hoppers available app selection, what ate tge odds that we will see a youtube app at some point in the future?

Youtube is nore popular then Pandora and has more daily usersthen ths rest of the apps combined it can run on almost any hardware.

I don't see Dish offering apps that "compete" with the same service(s) they sell, i.e. videos.

Some will say that Pandora competes with Sirius, but Dish doesn't own that. The 'music' channels would be considered competition, I guess, but Dish more or less gives those channels away.

DirecTV DVRs have Youtube and have nicely integrated their search function with it. Integrated Youtube is the primary reason my Dad still has DirecTV instead of Dish. I have Youtube integrated with my windows media center cable tv system as well.

It's strange that Dish was integrated with Google TV for a while yet won't add Google-owned Youtube to their receiver. Seems like if Dish wanted people to use their box for all their entertainment needs, they'd add everything app they could to make that happen.

DirecTV DVRs have Youtube and have nicely integrated their search function with it. Integrated Youtube is the primary reason my Dad still has DirecTV instead of Dish. I have Youtube integrated with my windows media center cable tv system as well.

It's strange that Dish was integrated with Google TV for a while yet won't add Google-owned Youtube to their receiver. Seems like if Dish wanted people to use their box for all their entertainment needs, they'd add everything app they could to make that happen.

Or open up an SDK so that anyone can make apps and not just specific partners. It would sure be something to differentiate the Hoppers from the competition. But ya know, I don't think it has anything to do with who owns who or what kind of media content an online service puts out. It's about engineering, resources, and cost. They have different priorities.

a working browser with flash would cure all of it!!!!
Flash on the TVs and Mobile phones is dead. You can thank Adobe. It was a hog. Maybe on today's hardware it would be better, but it's too little to late. HTML5 is where it's at.

It's the only major app missing from Roku, as well.
Which I guess needs a hardware update in order to make it happen officially. I have no idea why. It's been promised for years.

Last edited:
Maybe they should award prizes and credits for the best apps and the ones chosen for the hoppa.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SatelliteGuys

If you want to have access to the dish anywhere app using the sling adapter on your tv, buy yourself a cheap android mini tv stick and download the app from the play store. Works perfectly for remote viewing while I'm away from my house as long as I have a tv with a HDMI port.

If you want to have access to the dish anywhere app using the sling adapter on your tv, buy yourself a cheap android mini tv stick and download the app from the play store. Works perfectly for remote viewing while I'm away from my house as long as I have a tv with a HDMI port.

That is a great idea....

But, just like most android devices you arnt sure what apps. run on it till you get it and install it...

Would be great for dish to have a complete list on which devices Dish Anywhere runs on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)