YouTube Gaming Launched

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
In an understandable effort to get in on the Game Streaming market, last week YouTube launched YouTube Gaming in an effort to compete with Twitch. It's still in early stages but already I've seen a number of people streaming who never did before simply now because it's easier to do it right in their own channel as opposed to setting up a separate Twitch.

On a side note, Jimmy Kimmel commented on this during his late night show, and in typical fashion decided to parody it and make fun of it.

Not surprising, many people (read Gamers) weren't too pleased with it.

http://kotaku.com/jimmy-kimmels-jab-at-youtube-gaming-backfired-1727246796

So Jimmy then issued a response to the hatred

Needless to say, it hasn't calmed the crowd much.

In an understandable effort to get in on the Game Streaming market, last week YouTube launched YouTube Gaming in an effort to compete with Twitch. It's still in early stages but already I've seen a number of people streaming who never did before simply now because it's easier to do it right in their own channel as opposed to setting up a separate Twitch.

On a side note, Jimmy Kimmel commented on this during his late night show, and in typical fashion decided to parody it and make fun of it.

Not surprising, many people (read Gamers) weren't too pleased with it.

http://kotaku.com/jimmy-kimmels-jab-at-youtube-gaming-backfired-1727246796

So Jimmy then issued a response to the hatred

Needless to say, it hasn't calmed the crowd much.

I really didn't have a problem with much of what he said in the first video. He didn't really bash gamers. In fact, one of the things he said before jumping into the dumb joke about watching people watch other people play games was "if you like them, play them." He did make fun of people watching streamers and that part made him look old and out of touch.

As for the second video, those comments he received are just embarrassing. Stuff like that is the reason people still get the image of a fat, outcast, man-child living in his mom's basement when they hear the word gamer. Sure, making fun of things you don't understand is probably not the best idea but he should be able to do so without being told to get cancer or hang himself.

When I was talking about gamers taking things way to far in this post last week this is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about. Most of us are just average people just like people who watch movies or TV are. It's hard to shift the image of a gamer from the man-child basement dweller into just a regular person when people act like this.

So apparently this still hasn't gone away, and Kimmel did a segment with 2 YouTubers to better understand the whole thing. It's amusing to watch and I have to imagine will finally put this whole "controversy" to bed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts