SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 17, 2010
Florida
YouTube TV adds NFL Network for all members, $10.99/month Sports Plus package
Abner Li
- Sep. 3rd 2020 9:18 am PT
@technacity

Meanwhile, YouTube TV has a new add-on “Sports Plus” add-on package. For $10.99 per month, it includes NFL RedZone, Fox College Sports, GolTV, Fox Soccer Plus, MAVTV Motorsports Network, TVG, and Stadium.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Darn. When I saw the thread title, I thought that Dish had added yet another YouTube app to the Hopper 3. Similar to the YouTube Kids app, but specifically for Sports.

Competitors are killing DISH on sports. No reason why DISH can't do more in channel packs like this.

RSNs are still an issue for DISH. We don't have them. And to get them they pretty much need to be in lowest package.

No reason why DISH can't do more in channel packs like this.

RSNs are still an issue for DISH. We don't have them. And to get them they pretty much need to be in lowest package.

And, therein lies the contradiction. I think DISH has been more than willing to carry certain channels, if they can offer them as a premium package. However, most content providers want all their channels to be included in all of DISH's packages.

Reactions: osu1991
Competitors are killing DISH on sports. No reason why DISH can't do more in channel packs like this.

I think you are onto something. I would love to see Multi-Sport become available as an add-on for Welcome Pack subscribers.
:heartbeat

And, therein lies the contradiction. I think DISH has been more than willing to carry certain channels, if they can offer them as a premium package. However, most content providers want all their channels to be included in all of DISH's packages.
More to the point, they want all of Dish's subscribers to be paying for their channels, regardless of whether or not we are actually receiving those channels in our packages. That was Dish's main complaint against the RSN's back when the Fox Sports Net dispute began. The RSN's wanted subscribers of every Dish package to pay the cost, even if the package does not include the RSN's. In years past, Dish may have been willing to agree to such terms. Dish would have figured that it would cost Dish too many subscribers (and thus too much money) to not carry the RSN's, compared to the number of subscribers who would leave because of the price increase. Also, Dish could simply hide part of the cost in the equipment fees, so that Dish could still advertise a low cost for the lowest programming packages. Now, with more customers cutting back on the number of additional receivers they use (and no equipment fee increases for quite some time now) it is harder to hide this mandatory "sports fee" that way. So instead, we see record-breaking price increases for Welcome Pack (for example) with no new channels being added to that package in order to help explain or justify the increase. As more and more subscribers complain about the price increases, and continue to fight back against the increases by lowering their subscription level, it may have finally reached the tipping point where it is no longer worth it for Dish to continue carrying these sports channels. This is especially true if the majority of subscribers who are paying for these expensive channels are not actually receiving those channels in their package.

This is absolutely not true:

1. RSNs, absolutely. And this is why those RSNs are off of DISH now and struggling elsewhere too.
2. The rest, BS; Comcast has it's sports package - Red Zone, CBS Sports Network, MLB, NHL, NBA, Fox College Sports, etc. Youtubetv just introduced there.
A. FUBO has its extra package at a reasonable $5.99 with several sports channels, all 7 Pac 12, Fox College Sports channels, etc.
B, DISH? On the sidelines. Has multi sports which is nothing more than out of town RSNS all blacked out. At one time there was stuff in there, but now its obsolete, and I am not even sure DISH has it anymore.

DIsh can do so much more on a sports tier. DISH is bleeding customers. DISH has the best equipment, hands down and it's failing on capitalizing on this. The Hopper 3 is 10 x better than anything else on the market.

Does it really make sense to stay with DISH, pay more, and actually get less? The Hopper is a plus, but content is so lacking now.

Last edited:
There is nothing on the RSN's that I care to watch.

MLB has capitulated to the BLM mob.

College football teams are bowing to Antifa. Coaches are afraid to tell ignorant players to take a hike.

I can and will do without all of them.

Good riddance!

There is nothing on the RSN's that I care to watch.

MLB has capitulated to the BLM mob.

College football teams are bowing to Antifa. Coaches are afraid to tell ignorant players to take a hike.

I can and will do without all of them.

Good riddance!
Judging by this post, there is probably only one channel that you watch anyway.

A. FUBO has its extra package at a reasonable $5.99 with several sports channels, all 7 Pac 12, Fox College Sports channels, etc.
B, DISH? On the sidelines. Has multi sports which is nothing more than out of town RSNS all blacked out. At one time there was stuff in there, but now its obsolete, and I am not even sure DISH has it anymore.
I absolutely agree. If NFL RedZone does not return to Dish, then I definitely think that the Multi-Sport Pack should go back down in price to $5.99 per month, like it was many years ago, long before NFL RedZone got added to that package. Multi-Sport still exists. Despite the current lack of most of the RSN's, the package still has most of the major league professional and collegiate sports specialty channels. It is just that most of those channels are already included in AT120+ which is still the minimum qualifying programming package for adding Multi-Sport. So now, Multi-Sport would seem to be better suited as a sports add-on package for smaller packages that normally do not include very many (or any) sports channels.

Reactions: zippyfrog

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)