Youtube Tv ers

Then sadly I’m out of ideas. I thought with her being that close to the line (as you said she is) that maybe the internet would give her an Ohio IP address and maybe that would help. But it doesn’t sound like it

But, how did you change it, shes went into the Location sections multiple times and it won't acept another location.
It is in the settings on the webpage, just go to youtubetv on your computer, tablet, whatever, sign in, go to settings, mine showed up on the left on the page.

It is in the middle on the left, says area, click on that, says you can change your home area twice in one year, type in the zip code, hit update.

Reactions: primestar31
Also, consider this could be a blessing. She could pick up the closer market with an antenna and get NFL games from both markets.

And if her locals are available in TV Everywhere, she could use her YTTV credentials and get everything into one guide with a HD Homerun and Channels DVR (except NBC-owned channels like CNBC)

Edit - Or do the same thing with Dish Network and the USB TV tuner add-on. Or with Sling and an AirTV.

It is in the settings on the webpage, just go to youtubetv on your computer, tablet, whatever, sign in, go to settings, mine showed up on the left on the page.

It is in the middle on the left, says area, click on that, says you can change your home area twice in one year, type in the zip code, hit update.
Already tried that last night.
It just sees the IP address and chooses Detroit.

Thats what I'm thinking as well .... Thats not gonna work.

Any other set ups like that that may allow Toledo seeing its the closest DMA, maybe Hulu plus or another ????
If YTTV is like this, I would assume Hulu is also, probably would use the same maps, set up by whomever does them(FCC).
Looks like she would also get Detroit with Directv.
If that is so, you cannot expect the rules to be different with the streaming Live TV Providers.

I know the law is different with Cable TV, but that is the fault of lawmakers, not DirecTV or YTTV.

I do wonder what locals she would get if she had Paramount+/Peacock, if Detroit or Toledo.

So again…..

Welcome to Detroit.

If YTTV is like this, I would assume Hulu is also, probably would use the same maps, set up by whomever does them(FCC).

If that is so, you cannot expect the rules to be different with the streaming Live TV Providers.

I know the law is different with Cable TV, but that is the fault of lawmakers, not DirecTV or YTTV.

I do wonder what locals she would get if she had Paramount+/Peacock, if Detroit or Toledo.

So again…..

Welcome to Detroit.
They have a sub for Peacock, I didn't know that they did a Live TV version though.
Games are obviously Live, but I don't think it would show what Station your getting, at least I haven't seen it.

I can turn on my Peacock and look, just for grins.

Fwiw, I have Hulu up on My set up at the moment, but don't see anything where you could add LIVE, wondering if the Live is an entirely different app.

Fwiw, I have Hulu up on My set up at the moment, but don't see anything where you could add LIVE, wondering if the Live is an entirely different app.
Website ….account…add service.

Reactions: Jimbo
They have a sub for Peacock, I didn't know that they did a Live TV version though.
Games are obviously Live, but I don't think it would show what Station your getting, at least I haven't seen it.

I can turn on my Peacock and look, just for grins.
Only with the Commercial Free version you get your local NBC.

Website ….account…add service.
Unfortunately, when I go to my account, I don't have Add Services ...
I do have Add Ons, but thats Showtime, Max, Cinemax and Starz ...
Nothing about adding live TV ...

Thats ok, I doubt the rules would be any different ...

It just turns out that Streaming doesn't work the way you'd hope for Everybody.

It just turns out that Streaming doesn't work the way you'd hope for Everybody.
Amazed you are criticizing, same rules your DirecTV follows, they and YTTV have no control.

Amazed you are criticizing, same rules your DirecTV follows, they and YTTV have no control.
Stupid antiquated rules (laws) ....

You live 2 minutes from the line and can't get the local channels ... instead your stuck with a city 50 miles away.