YouTube TV is now the #4 Video Provider for the United States

Does the FF/Rew come in increments, like 30 seconds forward, 10 seconds rewind? Or, is it hit and miss, fast forward until you are near the end of the commercial?
Using the Arrow Keys on my Roku Ultra, it was 15 seconds with each click.

Using the rewind/FF buttons, it is also 15 seconds , but can be faster.

When I had it, I preferred just using the arrow button, better control of when I was past the commercials.

I do have to say, since I cancelled YTTV, I do enjoy not doing that anymore with the streaming services like Paramount+, no more skipping/REW/FF past commercials .

Since I am getting the majority of the same content from paid Live TV, exclusive stuff, plus HBO and Showtime for under $70 a month, a Live TV Service is just not worth it anymore, even YTTV.

Reactions: Bobby
Does the FF/Rew come in increments, like 30 seconds forward, 10 seconds rewind? Or, is it hit and miss, fast forward until you are near the end of the commercial?
Like Bruce said, a single button press is either 15 seconds forward or back. If you hold the button down, it will scrub forward or back. The speed will increase if you hold the button down long enough.

Reactions: Bobby
I use YT mainly for howto videos but I do watch some political commentary and some historical stuff. I have watched some Star Trek stuff on it. Other than that, I don't watch YT content much.

I use YT mainly for howto videos but I do watch some political commentary and some historical stuff. I have watched some Star Trek stuff on it. Other than that, I don't watch YT content much.
Just to be clear, we are discussing YouTube TV which is biologically and technologically distinct from YouTube. It has not been assimilated.

Using the Arrow Keys on my Roku Ultra, it was 15 seconds with each click.

Using the rewind/FF buttons, it is also 15 seconds , but can be faster.

When I had it, I preferred just using the arrow button, better control of when I was past the commercials.

I do have to say, since I cancelled YTTV, I do enjoy not doing that anymore with the streaming services like Paramount+, no more skipping/REW/FF past commercials .

Since I am getting the majority of the same content from paid Live TV, exclusive stuff, plus HBO and Showtime for under $70 a month, a Live TV Service is just not worth it anymore, even YTTV.
What services are you using that duplicates everything that you watched on live TV?

Reactions: Jimbo
What services are you using that duplicates everything that you watched on live TV?
For me-

Hulu/Disney/ESPN+ ( all ABC owned Broadcast/Cable Channel’s content, including former Fox owned, like FX for example, Fox Channel content)

Paramount+ with Showtime (all CBS/Viacom owned Broadcast/Cable Channel’s content, also includes NFL/Big Ten via Livestreams of CBS), biggest plus is now CBS content is being offered in 4K, which you cannot get with Live TV.

Peacock (all NBC/Universal owned Broadcast/Cable Channel’s content, includes NFL/Big Ten)

MAX (HBO and Warner/Discovery owned content, like Food Network, Animal Planet, CNN- Livestream, etc.)

AMC-subscribe once or twice a year when Amazon has a sale, usually around $2, binge all I wish, cancel once caught up, rinse and repeat later.

I do have great OTA, will subscribe to the new (maybe called) Hulu Sports service in September for ESPN and the Big Ten Channel, drop it after Football is over.

For me-

Hulu/Disney/ESPN+ ( all ABC owned Broadcast/Cable Channel’s content, including former Fox owned, like FX for example, Fox Channel content)

Paramount+ with Showtime (all CBS/Viacom owned Broadcast/Cable Channel’s content, also includes NFL/Big Ten via Livestreams of CBS), biggest plus is now CBS content is being offered in 4K, which you cannot get with Live TV.

Peacock (all NBC/Universal owned Broadcast/Cable Channel’s content, includes NFL/Big Ten)

MAX (HBO and Warner/Discovery owned content, like Food Network, Animal Planet, CNN- Livestream, etc.)

AMC-subscribe once or twice a year when Amazon has a sale, usually around $2, binge all I wish, cancel once caught up, rinse and repeat later.

I do have great OTA, will subscribe to the new (maybe called) Hulu Sports service in September for ESPN and the Big Ten Channel, drop it after Football is over.

Ah, but the Hulu Sports thing is a paid live TV service - if that service isn't launched in time, you'll need some other live TV service to get ESPN, BTN, FS1, etc.

Ah, but the Hulu Sports thing is a paid live TV service - if that service isn't launched in time, you'll need some other live TV service to get ESPN, BTN, FS1, etc.
Still only for 4 Months, better then subscribing to a Live TV Service all year, wasting money.

I hate paying for the same things twice, for example, I watch a lot of CBS, by subbing to Paramount+, I get that , the exclusives and the better quality.

By getting CBS with a Live TV Service, lose the exclusives and the better quality or have to pay for P+ also, waste of money, in my opinion of course.

Now, the plan for ( maybe called)Hulu Sports is to be ready by end of August, I work for Disney (until May), that is the plan, as of now, should not be a issue.

If not ready, go back to YTTV for 4 months, I pay for most of my streaming services with Gift Cards I get with my CC points, so basically free anyways, for example, Google Play Cards for YTTV.

Last edited:
Still only for 4 Months, better then subscribing to a Live TV Service all year, wasting money.

I hate paying for the same things twice, for example, I watch a lot of CBS, by subbing to Paramount+, I get that , the exclusives and the better quality.

By getting CBS with a Live TV Service, lose the exclusives and the better quality or have to pay for P+ also, waste of money, in my opinion of course.

Now, the plan for ( maybe called)Hulu Sports is to be ready by end of August, I work for Disney (until May), that is the plan, as of now, should not be a issue.

If not ready, go back to YTTV for 4 months, I pay for most of my streaming services with Gift Cards I get with my CC points, so basically free anyways, for example, Google Play Cards for YTTV.

The problem with the Hulu Sports idea is no Red Zone.....I'm surprised Hulu Sports doesn't get NHL Network, NBA TV and MLB Network - those channels can't be all that expensive and presumably the distribution would make their league partners happy. NFL Network and Red Zone probably would add a bit more cost though.

One could get NFL+ for NFL Network and it's exclusive games for $6.99/mo or NFL+ Premium with Red Zone for $14.99/mo though. NFL+ | Live games and more, on the go.

It is a MoffettNathanson prediction, so probably wrong, but it feels like it is right.
Michael Nathanson wrote the story (prediction), I find him to be a lot more accurate then Craig Moffett.

It is a MoffettNathanson prediction, so probably wrong, but it feels like it is right.

As I posted elsewhere today, the cable bundle will soon be mostly distributed/streamed by just three companies, Google, Charter and Comcast, with Google being the only one growing while everyone else withers away. If you're a major owner of traditional TV networks, i.e. Disney, Comcast/NBCU, WBD, or Paramount, you must have mixed feelings about the rise of YouTube TV. Yes, it's helping offset the death of traditional cable and satellite, but at the cost of Google increasingly owning what's left of the cable bundle business.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
As I posted elsewhere today, the cable bundle will soon be mostly distributed/streamed by just three companies, Google, Charter and Comcast, with Google being the only one growing while everyone else withers away.
I do wonder how many losses Comcast/Charter will endure before they call it quits .

Everyone knows they will be much more profitable with just broadband, Comcast is expected to lose another 5 Million video subs within this and next year, Charter about 3 million.

Will they wait until they are not making enough regarding Paid Live TV, or just drop it before that happens, which could make their stockholders happy, with a more profitable service.

For me-

Here I thought you gave up LIVE TV .....

You just pointed out that you have an OTA antenna .... Thats LIVE TV.

I understand that you use your subs for most of the Networks.

I didn't think that Disney/ESPN/Hulu would give me my Live ABC ... you mentioned ESPN got the games, that I get, but it doesn't have the local ABC, does it ?

Peacock will give you your NBC Live and Paramount Plus as well for CBS ...
Where do we get Fox programming ?

Here I thought you gave up LIVE TV .....

You just pointed out that you have an OTA antenna .... Thats LIVE TV.
And I never watch it, but I am glad I have it, especially during Hurricane Season.

But yes, I have great OTA.

But since shows are in better quality on streaming services, at least 1080P, why watch inferior video quality.

Now with CBS Shows in 4K on Paramount+, another reason not to watch Paid or OTA Live TV in 1080i.
I understand that you use your subs for most of the Networks.

I didn't think that Disney/ESPN/Hulu would give me my Live ABC ... you mentioned ESPN got the games, that I get, but it doesn't have the local ABC, does it ?
Just next day ABC Shows on Hulu of which I watch two, The Rookie/911.

The biggest advantage for Hulu is all the Cable Shows are on next day also, for example, Shogun on FX, but on Hulu, it is in 4K/DV/HDR, while on paid Live TV, it is in 720P

But the new Hulu Sports coming late this summer, will have Live ABC/Fox and others.
Peacock will give you your NBC Live and Paramount Plus as well for CBS ...
Where do we get Fox programming ?
Would be Hulu, but there is not one show on Fox I watch anymore.

Same for NBC, nothing, Broadcast and CableTV really sucks now, yet streaming shows, so much premiering every week, still cannot catch up.

And I never watch it, but I am glad I have it, especially during Hurricane Season.

But yes, I have great OTA.

But since shows are in better quality on streaming services, at least 1080P, why watch inferior video quality.

Now with CBS Shows in 4K on Paramount+, another reason not to watch Paid or OTA Live TV in 1080i.

Just next day ABC Shows on Hulu of which I watch two, The Rookie/911.

The biggest advantage for Hulu is all the Cable Shows are on next day also, for example, Shogun on FX, but on Hulu, it is in 4K/DV/HDR, while on paid Live TV, it is in 720P

But the new Hulu Sports coming late this summer, will have Live ABC/Fox and others.

Would be Hulu, but there is not one show on Fox I watch anymore.

Same for NBC, nothing, Broadcast and CableTV really sucks now, yet streaming shows, so much premiering every week, still cannot catch up.
How would you watch the Live Local News on ABC ?
Thats what I use ABC for the most.
I watch a Ton of Football on Fox, ABC and ESPN at the moment.

I'm a person that likes to watch things when they are LIVE (Sports)

I don't want to watch the Local News at 3 pm the next day, I want to watch it at 5/6 pm and 11

How would you watch the Live Local News on ABC ?
I hardly ever watch Local News, except when the Hurricanes hit in 2022, then plenty of choices.
Thats what I use ABC for the most.I watch a Ton of Football on Fox, ABC and ESPN at the moment.
What Football is on at the moment on those channels?

During Football Season last year, I had YTTV, I have since dropped, because everything I watch from Broadcast/Cable Channels is available on the streaming services in much better quality and price point.

When Football Season starts up, I will subscribe to the new service, which includes Livestreams of ABC/FOX/Big Ten Network/ESPN/ESPN+/etc, for those 4 months, then drop again, cost is supposed to be anywhere $40-50 a month, but will be less for those who bundle.

With it, I will be able to drop ESPN+, maybe Hulu.
I'm a person that likes to watch things when they are LIVE (Sports)
And I do, just that I am so bored watching non Football sports.
I don't want to watch the Local News at 3 pm the next day, I want to watch it at 5/6 pm and 11
You do not need a Paid Live TV service or OTA for Local News, you can watch it free and Live with a Roku type app, I still have the app on my Ultra for Channel 7 News from Detroit, I watch it every once in a while to see what is going on back home.

By the way, watching a Livestream of CNN on MAX right now on the projector outside, while I am peddling on the Lifecycle.

I hardly ever watch Local News, except when the Hurricanes hit in 2022, then plenty of choices.

What Football is on at the moment on those channels?

During Football Season last year, I had YTTV, I have since dropped, because everything I watch from Broadcast/Cable Channels is available on the streaming services in much better quality and price point.

When Football Season starts up, I will subscribe to the new service, which includes Livestreams of ABC/FOX/Big Ten Network/ESPN/ESPN+/etc, for those 4 months, then drop again, cost is supposed to be anywhere $40-50 a month, but will be less for those who bundle.

With it, I will be able to drop ESPN+, maybe Hulu.

And I do, just that I am so bored watching non Football sports.

You do not need a Paid Live TV service or OTA for Local News, you can watch it free and Live with a Roku type app, I still have the app on my Ultra for Channel 7 News from Detroit, I watch it every once in a while to see what is going on back home.

By the way, watching a Livestream of CNN on MAX right now on the projector outside, while I am peddling on the Lifecycle.
I can pull up the local ABC here on the Streaming app, but its news only and it would be last nights if I did it now ... I've never tried at the actual News time, seeing I have it on Sat, no point in using the App.