Zenith 8000LE Hook-Up

TopRamen

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2004
Hi.

I'm trying to hook up a Zenith 8000LE Receiver. I bought it on ebay, and was sold as-is so i dunno if it works... but it APPEARS to function (based on on-screen graphics and such).

I have just moved in and all the wires are unmarked. one set of 3, one set of four. and coax. (from the satellite dish)

How the HELL do i hook this thing up?

I'm totally clueless.

Also, Where can i get a manual for this receiver? Zenith is absolutly no help.

I would REALLY like to have this up by wednesday, i have some things i need to record off ESPN that day, and it'd be nice if i didn't have to go somewhere else (the nearest house is like 20 miles away :eek: )

thanks for your help!

You are talking about a "C" band satellite receiver aren't you? The Zenith line of satellite receivers was built for them by R.L.Drake. The three wires was polarization red was 5volt, white was pulse it looks like three sides of a box for a symbol, black was ground. The four wires was for actuator, two small wires were sensor pulse and ground two larger diameter were for motor usually 36V. Coaxial is "C" in and carries voltage out to LNB at center of dish. You will need a lot of luck to get this up and running this year!!! Both DISH and Directv will give you free equipment and FREE installation smarten up and call a local dealer he may be able to get you set up by Tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts