Zinwell 6X8 Switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes actually, the six LNBF question is addressed in my answer above.
The Switches Simplified FAQ example listed, shows 8 LNBs.
A subset to handle six 2-output LNBFs would take three 4x4 or 4x8 switches.
(your DirecTV switch is a perfectly dandy 4x8)

As for controlling c-band positioned & Ku motor, that is handled differently, depending on exact configuration desired.
(how many total receivers, how many control each dish, different receiver controls each dish, etc.)

As for how & why to power the switch, see the Pendragon thread listed above.
You don't want to modify it with 18v on each input; that's only for Ortho feeds.
But everything else Pendragon says pertaining to the switch, is gold. ;)

iPhone 4

Yes actually, the six LNBF question is addressed in my answer above.
The Switches Simplified FAQ example listed, shows 8 LNBs.
A subset to handle six 2-output LNBFs would take three 4x4 or 4x8 switches.
(your DirecTV switch is a perfectly dandy 4x8)

As for controlling c-band positioned & Ku motor, that is handled differently, depending on exact configuration desired.
(how many total receivers, how many control each dish, different receiver controls each dish, etc.)

As for how & why to power the switch, see the Pendragon thread listed above.
You don't want to modify it with 18v on each input; that's only for Ortho feeds.
But everything else Pendragon says pertaining to the switch, is gold. ;)

iPhone 4
I'm looking at 2 receivers. Each controlling both KU & C-band depending on where I'm flipping the channels from. My plan is to have the KU band on USALS or DiseqC (numberd 1 to 50 positions) and the C-Band on Diseqc numbered 51 to 99 on each receiver.

It seems this switch is not capable of sending DiseqC/USALS commands to my KU Motor. It is also not seeing the LNB signals on the 4X1 switch in my setup like stated below.

(1) Receiver-----> 6X8-------> DG380 Motor--------> Dual LNB

(2) Receiver -----> 6X8(connected to 22Khz on and off on the 6X8 of each 4X1 output)------> (2)4X1--------> 2 Dual LNBs

It seems this switch is not capable of sending DiseqC/USALS commands to my KU Motor. It is also not seeing the LNB signals on the 4X1 switch in my setup like stated below.

(1) Receiver-----> 6X8-------> DG380 Motor--------> Dual LNB

(2) Receiver -----> 6X8(connected to 22Khz on and off on the 6X8 of each 4X1 output)------> (2)4X1--------> 2 Dual LNBs

1) I, too , have NEVER had any luck controlling a Ku motor via any multiswitch. Which port on the multiswitch guarantees command delivery to the motor ?

2) The only 22khz device that I have EVER heard of , that can drive a downstream diseqc switch, is the Ecoda 22khz switch. All other standard configurations have the 22khz switching device as the closest device to the lnbf's, with the Diseqc devices closer to the receiver. :)

1) I, too , have NEVER had any luck controlling a Ku motor via any multiswitch. Which port on the multiswitch guarantees command delivery to the motor ?

2) The only 22khz device that I have EVER heard of , that can drive a downstream diseqc switch, is the Ecoda 22khz switch. All other standard configurations have the 22khz switching device as the closest device to the lnbf's, with the Diseqc devices closer to the receiver. :)
I concur with your assertions.

I always make sure my motor is before any multiswitch. This can complicate the cabling, but it makes sure you don't draw too much current through your multiswitch ports, which is my main concern.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys

I always make sure my motor is before any multiswitch. This can complicate the cabling, but it makes sure you don't draw too much current through your multiswitch ports, which is my main concern.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys
This wouldn't be possible because of the various locations that my dishes are located. The only logical place to consolidate the wiring is in the basement and unfortunately it is the opposite of what you're suggesting. The Ecoda 22KHz 2X1 works though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts