Zinwell MS6X8WB + FTA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirectDishNet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Davenport Iowa
Just wondering if the Zinwell MS6X8WB will work with FTA when connecting multi linear lnb's?.
Supports DIRECTV AT9 wide-band Ka/Ku dish antenna which has a 250 - 2150 MHz output capability. MS6X8WB is also compatible with all other DIRECTV dish antennas so I was wondering if this will be compatible with FTA equipment. I am using a sonicview 4000 at the moment.

I have many of these in the garage.
Has anyone else tested this? Pros n cons?

Attachments

• MS6X8WB_zoom.gif
    MS6X8WB_zoom.gif
    89.5 KB · Views: 180
It works very well as a 4x8 FTA switch, and is one of the few that passes the full 950-2150 MHz L-band spectrum. The two flexports apparently require special commanding exclusive to DirecTV. I looked around various forums to see what that might be, but couldn't find any useful information.

The usability of the range below 950 MHz is problematic for FTA. Other than DirecTV LNBs and their BBC, I'm not aware of anything else for C/Ku that could take advantage of this. It might be able to diplex an OTA signal, but then you have to keep that switch port powered somehow and have a means of either selecting the correct port for an OTA tuner or diplexing on every input port. There's also the question whether it can pass anything below 250 MHz, where some OTA stations live.

They work great as 4x8 switches...thats about it

pendragon mentioned the flex ports which are useless for FTA

Well then, If they make great 4X8's, I could set up two dish's to the Zinwell switch and run cable from the 8 outs on the switch to lets say eight apartment units? ;)

And would anyone know if these switches can be trunked? (4X8 to 4X8 for a total of 16 outputs)

And would anyone know if these switches can be trunked? (4X8 to 4X8 for a total of 16 outputs)

There are no built-in trunking ports. The best way to get 16 independent outputs would be to put a power passing (both ports) splitter on each of the 4x8 inputs.

that would work fine. Just make sure you put the cables on the correct ports

so the 18v side goes to both 18v side on the multiswitch and the 13v goes to the correct ones

that would work fine. Just make sure you put the cables on the correct ports
so the 18v side goes to both 18v side on the multiswitch and the 13v goes to the correct ones

The Telecom T-1500 lnb's are Voltage-Controlled H/V Switching (13/18 V). Should I use the 13V or the 18V when using the T-1500's?

you can't...its one or the other polarity.
Need dual output LNB's

I've done that before...hooked a single output LNB to one polarity. A while back (when Equity was alive) I hooked a cable from my LNB to the 13v on a multiswitch and another from the C-Band dish to the 18v. Then I got the nets and Equity on one switch going to 4 receivers

found the thread with pics
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/63099-do-you-think-possible.html

you can't...its one or the other polarity.
Need dual output LNB's

I've done that before...hooked a single output LNB to one polarity. A while back (when Equity was alive) I hooked a cable from my LNB to the 13v on a multiswitch and another from the C-Band dish to the 18v. Then I got the nets and Equity on one switch going to 4 receivers

found the thread with pics
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/63099-do-you-think-possible.html

Thanks Iceberg, Good info provided as usual.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)