ZNS Bahamas on AMC3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Noticed on AMC3 C-Band there is a ZNS Bahamas TV & Radio. When I was monkeying around on Saturday with the C-Band I got TVU & Spirit but that was pretty much it. Didnt fine tune the dish as I just wanted to see what I could quickly get

Anyone seen this? What’s it like? Do they actually have TV shows or is it just news?

AMC3 C-Band
4106 H 6150

ZNS-1 is the main TV station (channel 13 from Nassau, Bahamas).
On weekends, it is quite busy with local religious programs.
Very low-key newscasts at supper time on weekdays, and mostly locally originated programming throughout the broadcast day. Anywhere that
has cable television will have access to U.S. networks from Miami based stations, so they have developed unique local programming that serves their needs.
ZNS-2 is a government station, covering public affairs during the week,
and serving mostly as a message board after hours.

If you tune in ZNS-1, press AUDIO mode on your MPEG-2 receiver.
TV audio is in stereo on #1 pair.
#2 pair is a split: Left channel is 1540 ZNS-AM radio (mostly easy listening
and light contemporary)
Right channel is 104.5 ZNS-FM radio (modern dance music, hip hop, etc.)

Iceberg,
I recieve that mux at around 80% sq on my 10'er. I havent really looked at it for a while, most of what i have seen is religous, news, local documentarys, etc., but i must admit usually when i go looking thru those channels it is sunday morning/afternoon. I will take a look tonight during prime time to see what is on.

Thanks guys!

When I was wokring on my 6 footer (putting it up another 8 inches higher) I swung over to AMC3 and got Spirit/TVU but didnt try this one.

Might have to see what its all about :)

Locally I am getting the mux at around 40% signal quality with no lock! Will keep trying and keep you in touch :) Maybe with your solid dish you will get enough signal to lock.

(55% Signal Quality on The Tube)

(Both of the above signals are on the Fortec Classic NA and 6' mesh dish / ASC-421 C-Band LNBF)

can't get it...LOS issues :(

TVU comes in really low now (30 or so) and Doc Scott is really fuzzy on Analog

I Was On A Site An Saw Where They Said That Zns Tv Is Now Scrambled What Those This Means Can I Still Be Able To Get It On Fta

I can say it's scrambled too, but it doesn't mean anything. Right now it is NOT. I think when I scanned it in many moons ago, the receiver showed it as scrambled, but it was actually not.

Let me clarify, the receiver THOUGHT it was scrambled, but it in fact was NOT. You'll get that sometimes, that's why I always search for all channels, not just FTA only just in case someone pulled a Casey Jones at the encryption switch.

Any FTA receiver would work. A Traxis 3500 is a great entry level box. Has blind scan and is AC3 capable.

Dolby Digital
Dolby Digital, or AC-3, is the common version containing up to 6 total channels of sound, with 5 channels for normal-range speakers (Right front, Center, Left Front, Right Rear and Left Rear) and one channel for the LFE, or subwoofer. The Dolby Digital format supports Mono and Stereo usages as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolby_Digital

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)