Zune vs iPod

CLASSICDIRECTV

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2022
Shreveport Louisiana USA
I am in the need of a stand-alone music player but the issues is, I have no idea what to get. I really like the Zune Os but I also really like the iPod too. Both are 60$ the Zune is the original 30gb model and the iPod is a 6g 80gig (classic model)

Why do you want something so old and outdated? Zune hasn't been around for like a decade or more to the best of my knowledge. And instead of an iPod, maybe you should get an iPod Touch or better yet an iPhone? I also believe they also stopped service for Zune a long time ago as well. Do they even have service for iPods? I thought it was all iPhones and iPads now.

Reactions: TheKrell
Why do you want something so old and outdated? Zune hasn't been around for like a decade or more to the best of my knowledge. And instead of an iPod, maybe you should get an iPod Touch or better yet an iPhone? I also believe they also stopped service for Zune a long time ago as well. Do they even have service for iPods? I thought it was all iPhones and iPads now.
The point is that 1. If you don’t want to be reached you don’t have to. 2 no limits no subscription no internet required 3. Long lasting battery 4. Both have strong community’s still because Zune has Zune modfixer and Apple still has support within Mac OS and still provides downloads to iTunes. There is also a huge community of people who mod iPods etc.. I recommend you watch dankpods on YouTube

The point is that 1. If you don’t want to be reached you don’t have to. 2 no limits no subscription no internet required 3. Long lasting battery 4. Both have strong community’s still because Zune has Zune modfixer and Apple still has support within Mac OS and still provides downloads to iTunes. There is also a huge community of people who mod iPods etc.. I recommend you watch dankpods on YouTube
Then I'd recommend an iPod. More content for it.

There are all manner of MP3 players (many of which support FLAC) that can be had new for $50. If you managed to find a Zune or an iPod, you would probably be looking at more than that for a new battery.

I use a Sansa Clip with a 32GB microSD card in it and I think I've got about $36 tied up in it. The battery lasts for days.

Reactions: TheKrell and Foxbat
There are all manner of MP3 players (many of which support FLAC) that can be had new for $50. If you managed to find a Zune or an iPod, you would probably be looking at more than that for a new battery.

I use a Sansa Clip with a 32GB microSD card in it and I think I've got about $36 tied up in it. The battery lasts for days.
Thanks for the advice, but I am experienced because I have replaced the battery in a 4th gen classic, and the iPods are dirt cheap but the Zunes are kinda meh that’s why I’m prob going to go for the iPod if the bend in the case near the charger isn’t that bad, it’s a 6th gen classic for 59$. Thanks for the advice!

Reactions: edisonprime
We have very different views on what is "dirt cheap". Cheap is based on pricing against similar devices, not how much of a discount over what they retailed for five to seven years ago.

Being "experienced" doesn't take away the extra cost and labor involved. The old players just aren't that special and are more than a little bulky. If you're going to carry something around that is as a big as a phone, it might as well be a phone.

Finally, software support on current operating systems certainly isn't what it once was.

The point is that 1. If you don’t want to be reached you don’t have to.
Well, for many phones just pull the SIM card. Voila; nobody can reach you. ;)
2 no limits no subscription no internet required 3.
Well, don't stream. Download the music onto your off-net cell phone. I have not only about 30GB of music on my microSDHC card, but also a number of Tinkerbell movies to entertain my daughter on long trips.
Long lasting battery 4.
Well, can't help you there.

I donated an iPod Touch to the Goodwill many years ago. So I can't send that to you either. Sorry.

Yeah I’ve just decided to get an new laptop anyways lol, not that Much of an upgrade, I’m going from a dell Inspiron to a Hp dv6 (both from 2012, but the dv6 supports 16gb ram and I’m getting it for 41$ -working but they are selling it so cheap because they don’t know why it’s saying Automatic repair -easy fix-

Yeah I’ve just decided to get an new laptop anyways lol, not that Much of an upgrade, I’m going from a dell Inspiron to a Hp dv6 (both from 2012, but the dv6 supports 16gb ram and I’m getting it for 41$ -working but they are selling it so cheap because they don’t know why it’s saying Automatic repair -easy fix-
A bargain at half the price for a machine that runs Windows 7 Home. At least the batteries is easy to replace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)