Apple Vision Pro Gets a Release Date

Well, I didn't post the two hour video (see below, I linked it to the start of the Animoog discussion) that discussed everything that could be a more comprehensive review of the capabilities of the Animoog. Considering I am not a musician and cannot play a keyboard, this $30 app seemed to indicate a different way to control a music synthesizer, perhaps like a Theremin.

Of course, I could probably buy a real Moog for less than the $3,500 that the Vision Pro costs, but I could probably find a Casio keyboard at a garage sale for $15, too.

I can now confirm that if you own an iphone 15 pro or Pro max you don't need the Apple Vision Pro to view the spatial 3D video.

So, is there any easy way to watch Apple spatial videos shot with iPhone 15 Pro Max on a regular 3D TV set?

I checked out the Vision Pro last night and I was really impressed! To the extent that I might start shooting some spatial video clips on the phone moving forward. However, I am not ready to buy the Vision Pro or any other VR set at this time, so I am wondering if there is a way to watch those 3D videos on a TV set, either directly from the phone or via Mac. Does anyone know?

I was recently at my granddaughter’s 13th birthday party. She got a MQ2 and her friend next to her said, more or less, “Thank God it wasn’t that Apple thing.”

I just shot a ton of 3D Spatial video on my iphone 15 promax. And I watched the video on my iphone in 3D without anything more than an app where you convert the video clip to 3D SBS full resolution with a special clip on viewer.

The app is in the Apple app store "Spatialify"

Then use this clip on viewer:

IMG_2453.jpg
I have a couple of these that came with my 3D camera. I use them when traveling as oppose to viewing with my Oculus Quest. Now with Apple making 3D available in the iphone and these viewer lenses, I don't need to bring the Meta Quest3 with me, or a special 3D camera.

It is important to calibrate the Side by Side 3D to your eyes IPD in the app otherwise you will see a double image. You home the lenses close to your eyes like binoculars.

The Spatialify app converts the Apple Spatial Video on the iphone very fast. I shot a 55 minute Spatial video 9GB file size and it did the SBS conversion with HDR in under 10 minutes.

There are other apps to do the conversion too and I tried a couple but settled on this one since it worked so well, was fast, and couldn't find any bugs.

Note- if you wish to save the Spatial 3D video for general general external viewing, the Apple Vision Pro and Meta Quest 3 now will allow you to transfer the origonal video from the iphone to these and they will play without the SbS conversion. For all other displays and You Tube 3D you will need to convert to standard SbS or Top Bottom format. YT does not convert Apple Spatial 3D format (yet).

3D is amazing upgrade from 2D, IMO. Fascinating that Apple has made 3D popular again. If you want an easier way to view Spatial videos, the probably the Meta Quest 3 is a good all round choice for much lower price that the Apple Vision Pro.

Reactions: Ilya
I was recently at my granddaughter’s 13th birthday party. She got a MQ2 and her friend next to her said, more or less, “Thank God it wasn’t that Apple thing.”
The MQ2 is better since it does games, thousands to choose from. The AVP is very limited for games because it doesn't use controllers so games aren't really designed that way. Only a few work with hand gestures. The MQ3 adds even more capability with Augmented reality and Mixed reality since it does full resolution pass through. The AVP does have higher resolution from what I have seen but it's main advantage is for work station multiple monitors. If it is ever to be a big success it will need to be competitively priced with the MQ3 and offer controllers option.

Reactions: navychop