Auto Racing 2024

Palou takes the Indy Grand Prix. Competition up front wasn't all too competitive. Power' pit crew got him in front of Lungaard for second. Colton Herta proved resolve, finiahing in the top 10 after starting 24th. Only one yellow in the entire race, so the action was nonstop, and pitting gimmicks didn't really help. Alternate tires wete happy on the relatively chilled track surface. O'Ward struggled after his engine needed replacement after the final warmup.

Sparklefarts took Pro-am top honors at Leguna Seca in race one.

It is an incredible rating for race car driving for an F1 race of little consequence. Daytona and Indy beat it, but that is probably it.
Depends on the rights fees they are paying .

Is it overpriced like the MLB, NHL and soon the NBA, or way underpriced, where the Network can make a profit, even with the reduced advertising rates the Networks/Cable Channels are receiving in today’s world.

But I would agree, it is not a bad rating for a F1 Race, considering they had 1 Million Households, while the World Series had only 4 Million on Fox in 2023.

But a NFL Sunday Night Football Game is over 10-12 Million Households.

Saw this at the BBC. An interesting article on medical safety development in F1 as well as the relationship between the guy who made that happen and one of the greatest racers ever, Aryton Senna.

Mid-Ohio to Debut Hybrid Indycar

This should be interesting. I'll have a front-row... well, back of the hill not quite by the Essess, but before that where the speed and visibility is better... seat for the debut. I think it is kind of nuts to switch the equipment mid-season.

According to this, it seems Max has the streaming rights.
FAQ said:
Alongside Max, WBD’s channels and platforms will retain exclusivity of the WEC in the U.S. with its continued broadcast on the number one network for automotive superfans, MotorTrend TV and via the MotorTrend app. MotoTrend Is also available to residents in Canada.
I'm assuming WBD is Warner Bros / Discovery. There is a WEC streaming site online, but that appears to the UK and France.

There is a WEC streaming site online, but that appears to the UK and France.
It appears that coverage in the U.S. and Canada excludes the Lone Star Le Mans and the 24 Hours of Le Mans but other than that, there doesn't appear to be any prohibition on subscribing. A VPN connection may or may not be able to skirt the geo-location issues for those events.

The price is 59 euros (~$64) for the season.

Seems risky. Don't want to spend $60ish and wait two months to see if it works.

Sadly, I don't even know if B/R is available for Max subs through June. I really want to catch LeMans.

I really want to catch LeMans.
Seems like Le Mans usually shows up on one of the broadcast network sports channels at some level. I usually end up tuning in when it is dark.

The FiA in general does a pretty good job with in-car cams and telemetry on the coverage I've seen on traditional networks.

Reactions: Yespage
I sub'd to Motortrend last year to see LeMans and they had an absurd number of in car cameras.