Boston suburb - Ch44 OTA reception

Jeff_in_MA

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 21, 2004
I live about 30 miles west of Boston. For months, I did get 44.1 through 44.4 with signal strength of high 90's. In last couple of months, they became very unreliable. Some days, I get them perfectly with signal strength around 98. Then on other days, I get nothing.

I thought perhaps the station was experimenting with the RF transmitter power level. Now, I am not sure. Has anyone seen this or have an explanation?

Thanks,

Jeff you might want to go to http://www.avsforum.com and ask this question under the reception section. Maybe if you lucky a station engineer of this channel might respond to your question. I know all my local stations has there engineers that monitor the website and answer questions.

I live in Natick, 13miles nw of boston, and ch 44 was getting bad for me too.

I got a db-2 antenna, pointed it halfway between the 44 transmitter and boston stuff, and get them all in low 90's, no problems since.

For all I care, voom can come get the Sensar ii they attempted to install. What grief, and I was not waiting home for an installer to put up a uhf antenna, so I did it.

I live in Franklin about 30 miles south-west of Boston (LOS) and Channel 44 is just fine for me.

According to antennaweb.org, channel 44 and channel 2 transmitters are located at 107 degrees. I get perfect ch2 reception all the time. So why do I have such erratic reception with Ch44? Since they are both PBS channels, aren't the transmitters located at the same place?

Freeze Framing on Composite output, while Component video is fine

First Reboot since last Software Update

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)