Connected Antenna

Mister B

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 3, 2008
El Paso County Texas
Since I started with Orby about 3 weeks ago I had it only connected to the Winegard dish. I was afraid to connect my antenna directly to the DVR without a di-plexer (excuse the hyphen) as I know that current runs back up the cable to the LNB and I assume that would electrify the antenna, or worse.
I finally ordered a Skywalker commercial grade di-plexer from Amazon and connected it yesterday. My satellite strength seems to have dropped about 5 points but it is still around 85. The signal on the OTA channels of course varies due to their location but the ones I watch are all adequate.
At first the guide data was obviously PSIP. It went out either 6 or 12 hours at most and I recognized the same incorrect schedule on a couple of the sub-channels that I have become accustomed to . The ION guide has always been 3 hours into the future and I never figured out the problem with TBD channel as it does not appeal to me. I have written the ABC affiliate that carries ION but they have always been technically challenged.
I was very surprised this morning to see that the locals guide is obviously from the satellite. It is now 2 weeks out and the ION problem has been corrected. It was a pleasure to integrate some of the OTA channels into my favorites list. I would love to see network icons rather than 4.1 and 7.3 etc. but hey the price is right!

Orby install with world direct help

Orby Goes Dry Camping

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)