Detroit

TheTimm

Made In Detroit
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 18, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Hey, if anybody else had problems with the audio during Medical Investigation tonight ( I had almost no audible dialogue whatsoever - even worse than Joey last night), please do us all a favor and call WDIV to complain and/or just let them know about it. (313)222-0444. Or e-mail 'em through their website www.clickondetroit.com. Please. Squeaky wheel gets the grease - let 'em know we're actually watching the digital feed and expect a quality broadcast.

Same crap with Las Vegas tonight. They've now just switched it over to standard definition. I sent them another e-mail -- lot of good that seems to do! Hope they don't mess up the premier of LAX, but I can't imagine why they wouldn't.

LAX SD. Of course. I suppose tonight's programming will be, too - but I'll be watching Chain Reaction. ;)

Of course Chain Reaction wasn't actually on - love that Voom PG! Tried NBC's Pride of the Lion instead. Actually was in HD. Good picture, too. Sound was alright, but in 2.0. Show was kinda stupid, but I did find the Siegried and Roy parts amusing.

Okay, so it's called Father of the Pride - I was close. Anyway Law and Order SVU seems to be solid, too. A guy at AVS says the WDIV problem was fixed. Here's hoping he's right! :D

No HD for Hawaii tonight. At the start of it though, I think it said "presented in widescreen", not "hd" (or I missed it where it said "hd"). So it may not be WDIV's screw-up. Not sure, though.

Michigan State in HD against Notre Dame tonight on ESPN. Almost makes up for the Michigan game being SD (although did I really need to see that in HD? ;) ). Also, competing for your Detroit sports-viewing time are our beloved Tigers - ch 50, also at seven. We don't need no stinkin' Fox Sports Detroit! Just kidding, really, we do. Please?

State game looks real good on ESPN - well, except for the score! But methinks the Florida-Tennessee game on CBS looks/sounds even better. But I'll keep watching State and switchin' to the Tigers during commercial breaks.

Ya ever get the feeling you're just talking to yourself? :confused:

Kentstater72 said:
I am in Lambertville, MI and had no audio problems with Med Investigation or Joey.
Do you mean this week's episodes? I worked too late to watch them. Hopefully the problems are fixed then! The most recent shows I've watched on WDIV seem to be better ( Father of the Pride, Law and Order ).

By the way, thanks for the reply - I was about to give up altogether. :D

Are you the only Detroiter? Well, then count me in! I grew up in Detroit City until I was 12...followed by Farmington, Farmington Hills, West Bloomfield. My entire family lives within a 50 miles radius of the city and I still call it home.

Go Wings!!!

riffjim4069 said:
Are you the only Detroiter? Well, then count me in! I grew up in Detroit City until I was 12...followed by Farmington, Farmington Hills, West Bloomfield. My entire family lives within a 50 miles radius of the city and I still call it home.

Go Wings!!!
Once a Detroiter, always a Detroiter. You count in my book! But, no, there are more Detroit Voomers - apparently they just have little or no interest in a Detroit specific thread :no

With the lockout and all, it doesn't look the Wings are going anywhere for a while. :( Go Tigers?

Looks like there will be no HD for the Lions today. :no Sean Mota's postings in another thread list both of the four o'clock games as HD - but the PG doesn't. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. And hope of course.

Ominous1 said:
Joey on the 16th was fine on my end.
Yeah, that's what I hear. I wish I woulda got home in time to see it. Looking forward to this week's programming on NBC, now that there are apparently no more WDIV issues. :D

Watched Hawaii and LAX last night on WDIV -- glad to report no problems whatsoever (except that Heather Locklear is starting to show her age a little bit).

Great night for HD! Lost rocked.
Anyone try Veronica Mars on ch. 50? When I tuned in at the start it was in SD. I heard from an AVS thread that it later kicked in to HD. Too bad I didn't check back - I wasn't too impressed with The Mountain. Great to have so many choices! :D

Ch. 50 is showing Veronica Mars again tonight. It's not listed as HD, but then again it wasn't listed as HD on its first night either.

Any Voomers in Springfield, MO?

VOOM Terrestrial Reception in Thousand Oaks, CA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)