Dish review

Necessity is the Mother of invention. Note the use of a miscellaneous bracket, piece of thin rock, support cord and cable ties to position my C-band LNBF just in the sweet spot of the dish focus. And I can swap between this LNBF and my Ku LNB quite quickly when I wish.

20230917_125114_resized.jpg

And check out this homemade bracket by RimaNTSS in Latvia:
LNB bracket_sm.jpg

Reactions: 4311wade and FTA4PA
Necessity is the Mother of invention. Note the use of a miscellaneous bracket, piece of thin rock, support cord and cable ties to position my C-band LNBF just in the sweet spot of the dish focus. And I can swap between this LNBF and my Ku LNB quite quickly when I wish.

View attachment 171659

And check out this homemade bracket by RimaNTSS in Latvia:
View attachment 171660
That is very creative.
Thanks for sharing

I never had luck with things like a support cord. I salvaged a couple elements from an old over the air antenna and used them to help support the lnbf. Much more solid.
I agree. I put the cord on actually to support the larger C-band LNBF. The unsupported arm never moved much anyway though. I took the cord off eventually. I can install the proper support arms which I have if I'm not too lazy. Or compensate by locating the custom LNBF holder where it needs to be for maximum received signal.

Is that dish truly 39" from edge to edge?
I bought a 39" inch dish on eBay a while ago but turned out the actual size of it is 34" from edge to edge.

Attachments

• IMG_4948.jpg
    IMG_4948.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 13

DVB-S2X / DVB-S2 Minimum C/N Lock Calculator