EchoStar/Dish raises doubts about 'ability to continue as a going concern'

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Business continuing in business bankruptcy would be a Chapter 11.
Could be a Chapter 13, Chapter 11 or Chapter 7. Of course the worst one is Chapter 7.

I would say Chapter 11 is probably best if DISH has to file.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Bruce

Bender and Chloe, the real Members of the Year
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
Business continuing in business bankruptcy would be a Chapter 11.
And a extremely more complicated then a Personal Bankruptcy.

Also possible Charlie could lose control since he just owns shares now.

Also have to get the Creditors to agree on a deal to bring the company out of Chapter 11.

Might need a major investor also, because the company will need cash for when/if it comes out of 11.

Kind of like Diamond Sports, which is using $500 Million from Sinclair and $100 Million from Amazon to have some cash when/if they come out of Chapter 11.

Those above are a very simple description of what could happen if they declare, which will be a lot worse in reality.

Last edited:

Bruce

Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
But at bottom, who would really want the "asset" of DiSH (or of now DiSH-re-merged Echostar? At the end of the day, Charlie's simply stuck with it, bankruptcy or no.
I really doubt the creditors would not agree to something, but it depends on what that something is if they make a deal.

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
I wouldn't say that. I just hope they would get stuff in gear, after all the stuff is already out there and is sitting there basically unused.
Cost money to deploy and install it I guess and they don't have the money to finish out the cell phone towers and owe for debts that they can't pay. So why try to start anything else.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
The towers are mainly done for most of the country. If I had to guess the issue is with the backhaul. People want to do a speedtest on their phones and see they are getting 600 meg down, not do a speedtest and see they are only getting 11 down.

The promise of 5G (from everyone) has not lived up to the hoopla. And in reality I am not really seeing any real difference between it and 4G.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just saw this and thought I would share it here...

A lot of folks keep thinking that IF DISH files for Bankruptcy, that there will be no more DISH. I keep trying to explain that Bankruptcy is not necessarily a bad thing. In many cases it is a smart business move.

So here is a note from Red Lobster which hopefully explains this better. :)

redlobster.jpg

There we go... and now I am in the mood for Chedarbay Biscuits :D

Bruce

Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
The towers are mainly done for most of the country. If I had to guess the issue is with the backhaul. People want to do a speedtest on their phones and see they are getting 600 meg down, not do a speedtest and see they are only getting 11 down.
Still not in 3 areas, one is extremely major-

Future Planned Areas:
Boston, MA
Charleston, WV
Los Angeles, CA

The info is from them, not some blog-

110/119 Listings Post 129 Transition (Updated 6/1/2024)

Hi everyone!