GeosatPro Micro HD

Ice, just a quick question. I have an Open Box s9, and I haven't updated it in a l-o-n-g time because I have been so happy with the way it works now, but I noticed one problem, and wonder if the MicroHD has this problem, or is it just that I am WAY behind times.

On the PR ABC, I cannot record. Does the Micro have any problem with this station?

I'll check on that. Since my C-Band dish isnt out right now I'll wheel it out and try :)

Iceberg, you mentioned that you added "SatMex5" 116.8W to your satellites list. I will try to do the same, but I have a question (again)....How do I go about adding the TPs to the to the satellite. So far, the satellite ID and name is added minus the TPs.

Thank You.

Just go to the transponder list for that bird (which will be blank now) and hit add.

yup if you added the satellite then go into the TP list and add a transponder. Green button if I remember right :)

yup if you added the satellite then go into the TP list and add a transponder. Green button if I remember right :)

Thanks Iceberg, was able to fully add the new satellite and TPs to the 116.8W. I have found alot of satellites with wrong TP values designation, tried to edit them. There is another problem of not being able to edit the TPs for any other satellites.....Can not access the header or name of the satellites in order to make the TPS changes.

I have read, and read but cannot find a solution. Have you encountered this type of problem while using the microHD.

To edit a transponder already in there, just go to the transponder list, pick the sat you want, go to the transponder you want to edit and press the red button. ;)

We have had some terrible thunder storms as well as heavy rains for the past two day. Needless to say that my dish pointed location moved without me realizing what had happened.

So all these trouble that I was having about editing the TPs and that I was asking for help, where found to be me trying to edit something that was not actually there... It is raining right now so as soon as it stops, will go and realine the dish.

I thought that I would go bald after pulling my hair while trying to fix the TP editing problem. Now I have to wait for the rain to stop, and work with the dish.

Thank You.

HDMI Video and separate AC-3 Audio

I reviewed the specifications and manual but cannot find a definitive answer. Can I send HDMI video to my projector and separately AC-3 surround sound to my sound system via a different connector (RCA breakout cable) ? Thank you!

I would say no! the RCA outputs are not digital, not surround. You can hear the AC-3 audio through those outputs, but no surround
My AV unit has HDMI in/out and I can get the surround that way.

Last edited:
I would say no! the RCA outputs are not digital, not surround. You can hear the AC-3 audio through those outputs, but no surround
My AV unit has HDMI in/out and I can get the surround that way.

very true. But if you just want audio on those RCA plugs to hook up say a different TV (or a DVD recorder) then yes they will work