HBO Max/Discovery+ Merger

Warner/Discovery 1st Quarter Report is tomorrow, I am predicting it might be disastrous based on this news-

Today Bloomberg reported that Warner Bros. Discovery will be cutting more staff and raising the price of Max. The exact details have not been announced, but people who are knowledgeable about the matter have talked to Bloomberg about the price hike and job cuts.
And I was correct-

WBD’s overall net loss for the first quarter of 2024 was $966 million. Free cash flow stood at $390 million. The company paid $515 million in net interest expense in Q1.

I have been posted over and over that advertising is down, mostly on the Broadcast and Cable Channels, because of Cord Cutting (less people watching), here-

TV ad sales were down 11% at $1.99 billion.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
$515 million in interest for one quarter, and they have $300ish million in hand? I smell a merger.

$515 million in interest for one quarter, and they have $300ish million in hand? I smell a merger.
The only one that was rumored was Comcast, they have already announced they have no interest and the Government might say no anyways, because of loss jobs when they would merge departments.

Comcast is also holding about $96 Billion in debt, so a merger/buying of Warner would increase that (Warner currently has $43 Billion in debt, but only a $20 Billion market cap and total liabilities of $76 Billion).

The only one that was rumored was Comcast, they have already announced they have no interest and the Government might say no anyways, because of loss jobs when they would merge departments.

Comcast is also holding about $96 Billion in debt, so a merger/buying of Warner would increase that (Warner currently has $43 Billion in debt, but only a $20 Billion market cap and total liabilities of $76 Billion).
...I smell insolvency and vultures picking the bones.

Reactions: navychop and AZ.
WBD is also between a rock and a hard place in their negotiations with the NBA. There is much reporting that NBC is considering a bid and that the NBA is close to renewing its contract with Disney along with a deal with Amazon.

WBD is also between a rock and a hard place in their negotiations with the NBA. There is much reporting that NBC is considering a bid
You are about a week late, NBC already offered $2.5 Billion, Warner can match.
and that the NBA is close to renewing its contract with Disney along with a deal with Amazon.
Has offers from both, will total about $8 Billion a year for all three deals.