I would like some recommendations please

madpb

Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
MY installer will be here (hopefully) Tuesday morning to hook my new 50 inch plasma.

I read some of you have bought 30 inch dishes/lnb from Ebay and other sources. Would you give me the make/model or even a link and would I need it in Florida?

Also , can I use a standard direct tv lnb and oval (legacy stuff ) or dish 300/lnb and point it to 61.5? ( 61.5 being VOOM?) My thoughts are to take the Voom box with me to a friends house to watch on his HD tv in a different city .(Florida)

I have also read here that people are buying their own OTA antennae(upgrade) from what Voom gives us. I read that I need a 'medium directional'. Any suggestions on a good model to buy? (Ebay maybe ?)

madpb said:
MY installer will be here (hopefully) Tuesday morning to hook my new 50 inch plasma.

I read some of you have bought 30 inch dishes/lnb from Ebay and other sources. Would you give me the make/model or even a link and would I need it in Florida?

Also , can I use a standard direct tv lnb and oval (legacy stuff ) or dish 300/lnb and point it to 61.5? ( 61.5 being VOOM?) My thoughts are to take the Voom box with me to a friends house to watch on his HD tv in a different city .(Florida)

winegard 30" part # ds2077 d tube design, standard mast $29.99 at perfect10 distributing 1.800.205.8620 does not include shipping

dragon

p.s. it will use the voom or directv lnbs, they are identical

Vooming in Missouri

VOOM Installs in PA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)