Still getting voom installs

TYORK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 6, 2004
indy
There may still be little hope we are still get voom install a late as this afternoon. Don't you think if they were going to pull the plug they would quit taking order to have them install if they are going to pull the plug with a month or so.

TYORK said:
There may still be little hope we are still get voom install a late as this afternoon. Don't you think if they were going to pull the plug they would quit taking order to have them install if they are going to pull the plug with a month or so.

Theresa, since you are on the front lines with this you will be a very valuable source in the next weeks and months on whats going to happen. For instance if and when the plug may be pulled and what will happen to the hardware. I doubt anyone will pay you to go out and pick up obsolete Voom boxes when it goes dark.

no pay no pick up but it would not surprised me if they want us to pick them up if that come to that

TYORK said:
no pay no pick up but it would not surprised me if they want us to pick them up if that come to that

At $100 per service stop I doubt they will pay the 1.5 to 3 million $'s that will cost. Cheaper to write off the equipment as a loss and go on with life.

That's what I said in another post.

$100?????

is that the cost of a deinstall or a service call that voom has been paying.

rtt2 said:

$100?????

I am just guessing that would be the minimum to roll a truck on Voom's behalf. Someone has to get paid to turn the wrenches and string the wires. The same goes if the action is reversed.

rtt2 said:

$100?????

No they don't pay quite that much believe me it was 45.00 now it is 35.00

TYORK said:
for service calls and deinstalls

T, the $35 to you as the technician is only a portion of what Voom paid for the service call. Since you are a employe or subcontractor of Installs Inc, Installs took their bite out of the check before you got your portion. So I will stay with $100 per service call to roll a truck for Voom. If Voom only pays Installs $35 per service call then I am wrong on my figures. But, I would not think Installs would or could roll for less than $100 per call.

Is voom still taking orders ? and are they still sending installers out to install?
tihs

Sears says they quit selling them. Why don't Voom make a announcement that they are still running before they lose all there customers

The company scheduled to do my install is still doing them as of today. I have not cancelled my appointment for 01 Feb although I am not going to cancel E* yet either!

I called them today to see if my install was still on for tomorrow(1/22) and they told me yes. They didn't sound like there was problem. I'm just going to go ahead and let them install it and if it goes dead i'm only out a buck.

Successful installation on 1/21

I had a one room addition done today. Installation went smooth with no problems. Maybe there is no need to worry.

FrankJo said:
most installers don't know that the company has been sold. you have to be able to read.

Oooh, low-blow...Let’s not take it out on installers or the CSRs in a different thread. We are all angered and frustrated with the news but let’s keep it civilized. I am hoping that they will not pull the plug right away for at least a month They probably do not want to upset the current Voom subscribers in the hopes that they will retain this block of subscribers (today, probably closer to 50K than was last published at 26K back in Q3-04). Yes, it’s still a drop in the bucket but Voom subscribers are probably considered “upscale” subs whose monthly service bills $$ are much higher than your typical D* or E* or cable subscriber.

FrankJo said:
most installers don't know that the company has been sold. you have to be able to read.

your remark is totally uncall for in this thread I have you to know that i am a installer and can read fine THANK YOU . I think you are take this hole thing out on the wrong people here.

TYORK said:
your remark is totally uncall for in this thread I have you to know that i am a installer and can read fine THANK YOU . I think you are take this hole thing out on the wrong people here.

T, The guy is a F-ing moron hardly worth the lead to blow away. He is taking his aggressions out on the installers and anyone within ear shot because he looked in the mirror this morning and hated what he saw. We all have pity on the poor soul. All of us who know you, respect you and admire your work ethic and devotion to your technical craft realize it is not you he admonishes. And incidentally, you got where you are today by pleasing morons like the one who made the disparaging remarks! :)

Awesome Install in Iowa

40ft Ladder Charge?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts