Two 622 on lease

Bullfrog

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Oregon
I waited to post this until the the receivers were actually installed because I didn't want to jinx things and I figured someone at Dish would put the kabash on my order. Maybe things have changed but I've read several times that you can't get two leased 622's, but I did.

Recently I called to switch to DVR advantage and get a 622. I have a 942 and wanted to keep that in addition to the 622. Well CSR tells me that I can get the 622 for $149 upfront then get a $50 rebate, plus $10 for 10 months, so it will be free. But she says when I switch to the new HD package the legacy HD package will be gone and I will no longer get HD on my 942. That just didn't make sense to me, so I argued with her and then was transferred to Tech Support.

The Tech Support guy agrees with me that I'll still get the HD on the 942. So I say ok let's proceed and then he tells me that I'm not eligible for the $10 for 10 months. So I decide I want to think about this and hang up.

I then send email to the ceo@dishnetwork.com and get a message on my voice mail that I will still be able to get HD on the 942 and to call him back. So when I call him back, he says he made a mistake and he talked to the head of Tech Support and I can't get the HD on the 942 once I switch to the new mpeg4 HD package. So I said, that's no good because I now have 2 HDTVs and what I really would need is two 622's then.

So he says, ok I can get you 2 leased 622's, $149 each up front, $50 rebate on each, plus $10 for 10 months, plus when I send the 942 in I'll get $100 rebate. So they would both end up being free. Then he says that since he gave me incorrect information about the 942 he will give me a $50 credit for the confusion.

So I say YES.

The minute I hang up I figure that it's not going to go thru, that someone will figure out his mistake and I'll get a call saying they can't give me the two 622's, but they actually came out today and installed two 622's.

Now I'm still in doubt about how the rebates work out, so I'll just have to see about that.

Also they had told me I would get the 1000.2, but the installer said they aren't installing the 1000.2 in the NW, because the signal is better with a dedicated 2nd dish on the 129. However tonight when I finally had some time to watch the local HD channels, I've seen a lots of breakups and pixelation. A quick scan of the 129 transponders show some readings in the low 50's, so I may have to get them back out to adjust that dish.

Oh, one more thing the installer also said they weren't allowed to install HDMI cables due to a software problem that Dish is working on. He said they would install component cables then later if I could install the HDMI cable myself, but I may experience problems with HDMI.

Last edited:
Congrats on getting the 2 622s, I got 2 leased units shorty after they were released (luckily with no drama like you had). After getting the first one I liked it so much and called a week or so later and got another. I guess this was before they started cacking down on doing this.

BTW, I call BS on the HDMI cable issue, that is just an excuse to not supply the more expensive HDMI cables. I have been using HDMI cables on both of mine for a long time with 0 issues. Actually one of mine has a 25" HDMI cable hooked to it for bedroom LCD plus component cables for den Plasma and works perfectly.

Dish Network in Ottawa Canada?

522 remote modem jack issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts