Warner, Fox, Disney to Launch Streaming Sports Joint Venture

I don't see anything illegal or immoral about selling your product directly to consumers.
I think that's exactly it. There's nothing in their contracts that says they must sell the product through them. In fact, you can't have exclusive distribution rights because then the others couldn't.

This is no different than Apple selling phones at AT&T stores but also selling direct. Or Levi's selling jeans at Macy's but also having a website. Or Nike. Or. Sony. Basically almost every electronics and clothing manufacturer does this.

Reactions: Mike0616
I think that's exactly it. There's nothing in their contracts that says they must sell the product through them. In fact, you can't have exclusive distribution rights because then the others couldn't.

This is no different than Apple selling phones at AT&T stores but also selling direct. Or Levi's selling jeans at Macy's but also having a website. Or Nike. Or. Sony. Basically almost every electronics and clothing manufacturer does this.
And no one is forcing them to accept Disney’s terms for example, they can also walk away and then have a channel(s) dispute.

Which just happen with Fubo, they did not agree with Warner on the price for carrying the Discovery Channels, Fubo dropped them yesterday.

You're probably correct. I don't see anything illegal or immoral about selling your product directly to consumers.
It is about value. Cable/Sat providers pay the channel owners money to be able to provide the channel. If the channel owner is providing the channel(s) themselves, that liquidates the value of the channel(s). The pressure for cable/sat to provide the channel(s) is greatly reduced, as their customers can easily get it On Demand, without needing to switch providers.

So effectively cable/sat providers are paying for a product that doesn't exist as it does now.

Legally, there might be nothing that can be done, but this is law stuff and what the law says is often what the best lawyers claim it says.

The name is Venu (******* idiotic name) Sports.

I know Fox is running the service, but Hulu Sports would have been better.

• Haha
Reactions: Teehar and Mike0616
I'm in the minority, I think, but I kinda like the name. For once, the name actually tells me what the service is. I would have also liked Hulu Sports, but I don't think the others want to inflate the value of a Disney-owned brand name. I also wonder how long Hulu is for this world.

Reactions: Mike0616
I also wonder how long Hulu is for this world.
Hulu is profitable, but no growth upside, since the vast majority of content on there is licensed for the United States only.

Some in Canada also.

The name is Venu (******* idiotic name) Sports.

I know Fox is running the service, but Hulu Sports would have been better.

Sounds like a cross between Venmo and Temu lol