Wii u

Here's all the news from the Direct. Not much to write home about. Some gaming news but not much other than that. Star Fox release date, The NEW 3DS will get SNES VC games because apparently only IT can handle the awesome processing power of a machine that originally came out in 1990 and had a cpu that ran at an awesome 3.58 mhz. And it's looking more and more like Nintendo is going to do with the the next Zelda game what it did with Twilight Princess and intentionally withhold it from the market and port it over to the NX.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/3/11157710/nintendo-direct-march-2016

That isn't cool for Wii U owners but I hope they release the next Zelda game on both consoles. I got very close to buying a Wii U this year for Mario Maker and a couple of the previous games I missed but in the end I decided it would be a dumb decision to buy one when they were already talking about NX.

I'd say it's pretty likely that I'll grab an NX at launch especially if it has backwards compatibility for the Wii U games I missed and the rumors about it being a home console for your TV and a 3DS replacement in one device turn out to be true.

If there is a big, open-world Zelda game available for the NX at launch I would feel pretty good about getting in with a NX from the beginning.

Well don't forget that Twilight Princess was released on the Wii as well as the Gamecube (as opposed to coming out earlier for the GC), and in a surprising move the 2 were actually different in that the world was "flipped" in the GC version. I think they may still release the new Zelda for both systems, as it'll end up in more sales and if the Wii U version is nearly complete, there's no reason to not release it on your biggest install base.

I still think the biggest d*ck move is holding SNES games hostage on the new 3DS. First off, it cuts away sales from a very big install base, and it's not exactly a major "system seller" either. And as I mentioned before, there's CLEARLY no hardware related reasons like you could argue for a game like Binding of Isaac Rebirth.

new additions to SMM coming Wednesday
Red Coins, cellection them all and get a key to unlock key doors
put a key in a boss for forced boss battles
and shake a Thwomp and add a skewer

Here's all the news from the Direct. Not much to write home about. Some gaming news but not much other than that. Star Fox release date, The NEW 3DS will get SNES VC games because apparently only IT can handle the awesome processing power of a machine that originally came out in 1990 and had a cpu that ran at an awesome 3.58 mhz. And it's looking more and more like Nintendo is going to do with the the next Zelda game what it did with Twilight Princess and intentionally withhold it from the market and port it over to the NX.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/3/11157710/nintendo-direct-march-2016

So Nintendo clarified why SNES virtual console games can only run the NEW 3DS.

http://www.destructoid.com/nintendo...-t-run-on-anything-but-a-new-3ds-347833.phtml

Just a reminder, the New 3DS has a 268 MHZ ARM Quad Processor (although to be fair 1 of those cores is reserved for the OS.) So once again I'm reminded of a famous scene from Airplane 2..

A touching tribute to Satoru Iwata from last night's Game Developers Choice Awards.

After watching you may find this apropos

Nintendo is STILL deleting Mario Maker levels. If they don't come up with an explanation soon or at least some guidelines, this game is going to die a quick death.

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-deletes-every-stage-by-prominent-mario-maker-s-1766213101

I read that last night. It doesn't seem to make much sense. Nintendo has always had a weird relationship with twitch streamers though. Instead of realizing they were getting free advertising they tried to shut it down. Now, by doing this kind of thing, they are basically pushing popular streamers to play other games.

But this goes beyond just Twitch streamers. I mean the guy that the story is focusing on is a popular speedrunner but the story I listed a few posts back stemmed from the father of a young girl. And even THAT wasn't the first instance of it happening. It's the complete lack of dialog that is most distressing with this, and really makes Nintendo come off badly. I mean at least if you have something on the App store, if it's taken down Apple will be more than happy to tell you why, because odds are you violated some sort of clearly defined rule. Other than rules against vulgarity and copyrighted material there doesn't seem to be any sort of clearly defined statures that are being broken by these people. Nintendo really needs to get their sh*t together when it comes to technology issues, because they're just SO backwards and obtuse in their thinking. Nintendo doesn't seem to realize that this isn't 1986 anymore where they could just conduct sh*tty business practices and get away with it because they're Nintendo. Yeah they got the "hardcore" Nintendo fan base still around, but unless the NX (or whatever it ends up being called) is a hit there's only so many times they can remodel that damn DS to get a profit (they're on their 8th iteration or so, as I'm counting the DS with the 3DS.) Of course Nintendo isn't going anywhere anytime soon, as they stocked up so much cash from the Wii that they can run a deficit for over 30 more years.

One translation I'd read was less of a denial really, just that 'we didn't announce that' and a pledge to continue manufacturing the Wii u next quarter... not really addressing the remainder of the year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Well I think it's also fair to say that there's more than enough Wii U's out there to fulfill any demand. Unless they do a DRASTIC price cut to like $200 for bundles I don't see them moving a lot more units, especially if the new Zelda ends up being a cross release with the NX.

Plus the fact that they are already talking about the NX doesn't help. People like myself wouldn't consider buying a Wii U knowing that the NX might be out this fall.

If you were wondering if those "leaked" photos of the NX controller were real, hopefully you didn't put any money on "yes."

Surprised they're missing the holidays. Maybe a delay or will use them to blow through Wii U inventory.

Zelda delay isn't surprising though.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Must be a logistical issue. I mean who the hell is going to buy a Wii U for Xmas knowing that the (hopefully) superior NX is coming out 3 months later? I think at this point basically anyone interested in a Wii U already has one. Lack of an official price drop of a Wii U hasn't helped things either. They have bundles which usually include 2 games max and those cost $300. That's pitiful in comparison to the deals you can get for the One, and even the PS4.

Reactions: satjay

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)