Amazon Prime Day

Discovered yesterday that there is no 4k or HDR (since Amazon does not do DV) on any of the recent Start Trek shows. I occasionally see a movie labled UHD, but that's it. Certainly not worth just the 99 cents a month. So be forewarned!
There is on the Paramount+ app via the Roku Ultra, they even have Star Trek First Contact in 4K/DV, but that leaves at the end of the month.

I believe you can sign in to it using your Amazon log in, not 100% sure.

I'm not talking about the PP app, I'm talking about PP as an Amazon Prime channel.

Discovered yesterday that there is no 4k or HDR (since Amazon does not do DV) on any of the recent Start Trek shows. I occasionally see a movie labled UHD, but that's it. Certainly not worth just the 99 cents a month. So be forewarned!
I watch UHD HDR from Prime all the time. They burry it and you have to search for UHD. Now Paramount through Prime may not show it because the programming is eventually intended for Broadcast TV. I can't remember if the Stand-alone App does.

I watch UHD HDR from Prime all the time. They burry it and you have to search for UHD. Now Paramount through Prime may not show it because the programming is eventually intended for Broadcast TV. I can't remember if the Stand-alone App does.
None of the Star Trek is for Broadcast TV, nor Evil, The simple truth is Amazon strips PP of most 4K and ALL UHD/Dolbyvisin, while the app stand alone app shows it all!

None of the Star Trek is for Broadcast TV, nor Evil, The simple truth is Amazon strips PP of most 4K and ALL UHD/Dolbyvisin, while the app stand alone app shows it all!
Fast Forward to the Future . . . June 2024

Now that I have both an AppleTV-4K and Amazon FireTV 4K MAX, I get 4K HDR10+ with Dolby ATMOS on PP for both devices.

FYI - As of July 30th, MAX is pulling 4K and ATMOS from their App on all but the latest version of the AppleTV-4K.

Fast Forward to the Future . . . June 2024

Now that I have both an AppleTV-4K and Amazon FireTV 4K MAX, I get 4K HDR10+ with Dolby ATMOS on PP for both devices.

FYI - As of July 30th, MAX is pulling 4K and ATMOS from their App on all but the latest version of the AppleTV-4K.
I have seen or heard nothing about that from Max BUT Netflix is dropping support for all, older NON-4k Apple tvs in July. I would imagine most streamers will eventually follow suit.

I have seen or heard nothing about that from Max BUT Netflix is dropping support for all, older NON-4k Apple tvs in July. I would imagine most streamers will eventually follow suit.
I am always amazed that people get upset about this.

Streaming seems to get the majority of blame when support stops due to the hardware getting old.

But there are issues with Traditional Pay TV equipment also, for example, DirecTV Receivers, which are definitely getting up there in years, I have read many reports/posts about how slow they are, yet they cost a lot more money ($7-15 a month) vs a Roku Ultra at $69-79 and only need to replace them every 4 years.

DirecTV Box $84 a year x 4= $336
DirecTV DVR $180 a year x 4= $720

Roku Ultra $79 one time purchase for 4 years.

Minor correction - it's actually all non-tvOS based Apple TVs. The HD model came in out in 2015, supports tvOS and still works. the non-tvOS models that came out in 2012 and prior are getting dropped

Reactions: ncted and Bobby

Paramount +

Article.Thoughts about streaming prices