Hopper Software Upgrade H274 5/4/204 Lost 'Showtimes' on the Info Screen

LaFong

Original poster
May 6, 2024
Tucson, AZ
According to my Hopper Diagnostics page my Hopper was upgraded to Software Version H274 on 5/4/24. Since that time I no longer have a key feature on my 'Info' page, 'Showtimes'. Has anyone else experienced this and/or have a solution to remedy this problem? TIA

Ux74 overnight D/L has 3 issues:
Last 6 channels missing on Recall
DVR % Remaining missing
Zoom on HD Channels resets when changing channels

Reactions: charlesrshell
DVR % Remaining missing
One of your problems has an easy fix. I know because I had the same problem and Dish Tech support walked me through the solution.

Menu

Settings

Remote Control

Scroll Down to 'Recall Button' and select the third option 'Tune and Show Last 6 Channels'

According to my Hopper Diagnostics page my Hopper was upgraded to Software Version H274 on 5/4/24. Since that time I no longer have a key feature on my 'Info' page, 'Showtimes'. Has anyone else experienced this and/or have a solution to remedy this problem? TIA
I don't have a solution for my missing 'showtimes' option on the Info button, but I've discovered a functional 'workaround'. A verbal search! If the search finds the requested show then the 'Info' button USUALLY has the 'Showtimes' option that I had lost on the stock 'Info' button. Go figure!

DVR % Remaining missing
I thought the zoom on HD channels always reset? Ever since they made encore western an HD channel (which makes no sense since there's no HD programming), I have had customers complain about the formatting. And I'll show them how to stretch it but it's always reset when you change the channel and had to tell them they'll need to do each time.

DVR % Remaining missing
Noticed the "Last 6 channels missing on Recall" immediately! Assumed it was the Update

One of your problems has an easy fix. I know because I had the same problem and Dish Tech support walked me through the solution.

Menu

Settings

Remote Control

Scroll Down to 'Recall Button' and select the third option 'Tune and Show Last 6 Channels'
Thanks, looked & looked for a setting! I'll give that a shot.

Menu

Settings

Remote Control

I never considered that that may get disabled by an update

I thought the zoom on HD channels always reset? Ever since they made encore western an HD channel (which makes no sense since there's no HD programming), I have had customers complain about the formatting. And I'll show them how to stretch it but it's always reset when you change the channel and had to tell them they'll need to do each time.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. The problem with being out of the field is that I’m losing touch with all those little issues and workarounds.

Menu

Settings

Remote Control

Thank you so much for this info! I have my last 6 channels back and all is right with the (my) world. :clapping I don't do well with change. :eeek

I want to thank the Tech Department for one area of improvement related to the showtimes fiasco.

When I would go down the list in the Schedule prior to the recent update, and I would click on a show in the schedule, the option to skip the recording came up first, except if there were another airing of that same show at a later date in the schedule, then the first option in the dropdown list would be record next airing, requiring me to move the cursor to the second option in the list, skip. That skipped show would then appear further down in the schedule, and the process would begin again. It was an endless circle until you exhausted all the future airings with a Skip command.

That is gone with the 374 update. No more Record Next Airing. Skip Event rules!

Josh, pass my on thanks to whoever was involved. Hopefully this was planned, and not just a fortunate accident.

I don't have a solution for my missing 'showtimes' option on the Info button, but I've discovered a functional 'workaround'. A verbal search! If the search finds the requested show then the 'Info' button USUALLY has the 'Showtimes' option that I had lost on the stock 'Info' button. Go figure!
Thanks, I never use the verbal Search, if I had not read your post I would not have known. I've been using the the manual search to see if there are any more Showtimes.
I wish they would fix the Info button, though.