Renting UHD discs

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Just an FYI, 3Dblurayrental has them. I cancelled my Netflix disc account because I can spend the same money over there and have options for 3D movies and UHD stuff I dont wanna buy. It seems they ship from IN and I got my first flick in 4 mailing days. Also nice to know whenever Lionsgate strips lossless audio from a disc this site send you the retail version.

Between this and Redbox I'm pretty well set.

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
The only complaint I have with them is shipping speed. With any disk that says "short wait" I have to wait 20-22 days to receive it. Back when Point Break 3D first became available to order, I ordered it. I just got the email that I should receive it in 5 days. The charge your CC immediately so they are a company that runs on cash float. The price is high for the 2D disks but they seem to be the only game at all for rental of 3D and UHD.

DWS44

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2004
Rock Hill, SC
I tried them for a one-time 3D rental a few weeks ago, mainly because I'd never tried any 3D on my TV (first TV I've had 3D capable). My choice was in stock, so like the OP mentioned, I got it in 3-4 days, no harm no foul. Not the sort of service for instant gratification, obviously. I wondered how the waits were like for the ones not in stock...guess Don's post answered that question.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
It will be an experiment for me. I had dropped Netflix DVD and just used Redbox, but I signed up for the 3DBR 2 out at a time monthly plan. So far I got two movies within a week, shipped one of those back today and have IP Man 3 coming. The way I see it, I will be able to rent Gods of Egypt plus some other flicks that month for $25, instead of paying $30 for Gods of Egypt 3D plus other $2 rental fees from Redbox. They also have some stuff in Blu that Redbox only has in DVD. So we shall see.

JASON BOURNE - First Look (HD)

Assassin's Creed - Trailer World Premiere

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)