The wager with Mel Ott? (Tarmack)

1080iBeVuMin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 29, 2004
Santa Rosa, CA
Does anybody here remember Mel Ott, the troll who made a bet with somebody on the forum that Voom would not get 50k subscribers by the end of 2004? I think the bet was a case of beer?

Who made that bet with him?

If nobody remembers, I guess it goes in the dust bin of history along with the Voom Guide Guy and Red Couch Girls. :rolleyes:

I remember this episode. User name Tarmack (whose real name is Mel) was challenged by user name RickyMac. I'll paste the text, next.

Thank you for your comments. I want to hear both good and bad about Voom. No one can fix a problem if they don't know what's broke. I do believe that Voom will make it, if for no other reasons than it's new and it is getting better.

Most people I know have large screen TVs and until recently they never used the HD because they did not have a good HD source.

Tarmack, would you care for a little friendly bet? I'll bet that by December 31, 2004 Voom will have over 500,000 subscribers. Say a case of good German beer (or soda if you prefer)?

With RickyMac betting there would be half a million subscribers, he is short by about 475,000. He owes Tarmack a case of beer or soda.

The Stone Man said:
I remember this episode. User name Tarmack (whose real name is Mel) was challenged by user name RickyMac. I'll paste the text, next.

Thank you for your comments. I want to hear both good and bad about Voom. No one can fix a problem if they don't know what's broke. I do believe that Voom will make it, if for no other reasons than it's new and it is getting better.

Most people I know have large screen TVs and until recently they never used the HD because they did not have a good HD source.

Tarmack, would you care for a little friendly bet? I'll bet that by December 31, 2004 Voom will have over 500,000 subscribers. Say a case of good German beer (or soda if you prefer)?

With RickyMac betting there would be half a million subscribers, he is short by about 475,000. He owes Tarmack a case of beer or soda.

He was so far off he should buy him a beer meister

VOOM forum home page complaint...

Why voom is failing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts