VIP211k update?

zippyfrog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Chicago, IL
Was there a VIP211k update? I noticed that when I pause live TV, it used to be that I could pause for up to an hour, and the bar would fill from right to left. Today, I noticed that I can only pause for 15 minutes, and the bar fills from left to right. Curious if I changed a setting or if this is an update of some sort.

Was there a VIP211k update?
What version do you have now? As far as I know, Dish doesn't update these very often anymore. HipKat used to post a chart of all of the latest software versions. The most recent chart I found was posted January 2021, showing the latest version (at that time) was L864, from 6/4/2019.

I noticed that when I pause live TV, it used to be that I could pause for up to an hour, and the bar would fill from right to left. Today, I noticed that I can only pause for 15 minutes, and the bar fills from left to right. Curious if I changed a setting or if this is an update of some sort.
This still works fine for me on my Wally. Maybe Dish is trying to get you to upgrade. :devilish :deal

Was there a VIP211k update? I noticed that when I pause live TV, it used to be that I could pause for up to an hour, and the bar would fill from right to left. Today, I noticed that I can only pause for 15 minutes, and the bar fills from left to right. Curious if I changed a setting or if this is an update of some sort.
I just paused my VIP 211k and it made it past the 15 min mark for me.

Reactions: pattykay
What version do you have now? As far as I know, Dish doesn't update these very often anymore. HipKat used to post a chart of all of the latest software versions. The most recent chart I found was posted January 2021, showing the latest version (at that time) was L864, from 6/4/2019.

This still works fine for me on my Wally. Maybe Dish is trying to get you to upgrade. :devilish :deal
I am at software versions L867. Maybe Dish does want me to update! But they will need to pry it from me because it is rock solid.

Free Previews Discussion Thread - September 2022

NextGen TV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts