EchoStar/Dish raises doubts about 'ability to continue as a going concern'

Just saw this and thought I would share it here...

A lot of folks keep thinking that IF DISH files for Bankruptcy, that there will be no more DISH. I keep trying to explain that Bankruptcy is not necessarily a bad thing. In many cases it is a smart business move.

So here is a note from Red Lobster which hopefully explains this better. :)

View attachment 171552

There we go... and now I am in the mood for Chedarbay Biscuits :D

The thing I can't get past, is what a viable pay TV service looks like, because we don't know. Regardless of their financials all traditional services are losing subs at an unsustainable rate. Red Lobster will attempt to retool and come out of bankruptcy with a plan to move forward in a measured fashion with a certain number of locations and with conservative menus tailored to meet their goals... but is in a far simpler position than Dish with an unproved (unwanted?) wireless network (with mandatory capex expenditures to retain it or lose everything invested thus far, or have those benchmarks past?) and a pay TV service with an unclear future.

Ideally, how do you see this playing out?

The thing I can't get past, is what a viable pay TV service looks like, because we don't know. Regardless of their financials all traditional services are losing subs at an unsustainable rate. Red Lobster will attempt to retool and come out of bankruptcy with a plan to move forward in a measured fashion with a certain number of locations and with conservative menus tailored to meet their goals... but is in a far simpler position than Dish with an unproved (unwanted?) wireless network (with mandatory capex expenditures to retain it or lose everything invested thus far, or have those benchmarks past?) and a pay TV service with an unclear future.

Ideally, how do you see this playing out?
To the victor goes the spoils

The towers are mainly done for most of the country. If I had to guess the issue is with the backhaul. People want to do a speedtest on their phones and see they are getting 600 meg down, not do a speedtest and see they are only getting 11 down.

The promise of 5G (from everyone) has not lived up to the hoopla. And in reality I am not really seeing any real difference between it and 4G.
Me either. I still prefer my home wifi to the speeds I get with 5G.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The towers are mainly done for most of the country. If I had to guess the issue is with the backhaul. People want to do a speedtest on their phones and see they are getting 600 meg down, not do a speedtest and see they are only getting 11 down.

The promise of 5G (from everyone) has not lived up to the hoopla. And in reality I am not really seeing any real difference between it and 4G.
I keep my phone on 4G/LTE as preferred just for that reason and to avoid the 5G weak areas

The real thing is called " ultra 5g " its only available in sports stadiums and colleges...fixed band 5g reusing Cband frequencies

Reactions: charlesrshell
Just saw this and thought I would share it here...

A lot of folks keep thinking that IF DISH files for Bankruptcy, that there will be no more DISH. I keep trying to explain that Bankruptcy is not necessarily a bad thing. In many cases it is a smart business move.

So here is a note from Red Lobster which hopefully explains this better. :)

View attachment 171552

There we go... and now I am in the mood for Chedarbay Biscuits :D
I don't know how in the heck they could be in trouble, last time I ate there I left hungry and I could have filed for bankruptcy protection after paying the bill

On Demand Program List

Question about ViP 211 and 211k Support for Vacation Home