Its TEAM SUMMIT week!

They did just announce a $2.7B over 10 years for wireless service with the US Navy…

That is at least a start.

$2.7 Billion is the amount of money that has been allocated for the Spiral 4 program, which Echostar is part of, but so is T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T.

Those three were part of Spiral 3 also.

Their share of that program was AT&T is the largest recipient of that spend at $397 million, Verizon is next at around $370 million and T-Mobile is third at approximately $115 million. When rolled together, that represents substantially all of the Spiral 3 order spend.

Spiral 4's structure will be similar to its predecessors, in that it will comprise of both delivery and task orders. The delivery orders are for the mobile devices themselves and other related supplies, while task orders will focus on service plans and other necessary support to make the devices work.

So while the deal is good, they are not getting $2.7 Billion dollars.

That is at least a start.
More news about it-

The Navy has awarded seven companies positions on a potential 10-year, $2.67 billion contract that covers the supply of commercial wireless devices and services for soldiers and civilian employees.

Every incumbent and member of the U.S.' so-called "Big Three" wireless carriers made the cut for Spiral 4 – AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon.

MetTel is the fourth incumbent that will continue onto Spiral 4. The newcomers are Hughes Network Systems, Real Mobile and WidePoint.

So Echostar is one of 7.

🥱

Seems like another unexciting Team Summit, judging by the posts so far today.
This is why I didn't want to go, especially on your dime. My friend did say that most things announced were Boost related. Most DISH dealers cant even sell Boost.

I'm shocked you guys aren't moved by the Hughes/Dish/Boost bundles!!!
I'd be MORE moved if the CSR's would stop selling Boost when my guys need it to hit office and tech goals. NOTHING more aggravating than being pushed to sell it and then half the customers either already bought it on their sales call or were offered Boost and declined

I'm curious why you keep saying that when we're still offering it and it's still on the website
Here you go-

Dish first launched its Boost Infinite postpaid service at the end of 2022. But 'our initial approach to the market was rushed,' said the company's new CEO, Hamid Akhavan.

Akhavan said Dish will re-enter the US postpaid market for wireless services sometime in the second half of 2024.

So to re-enter something, would mean you would have to stop first, but based on your post, they have not done that either.

What is going on with this company?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Here you go-

Dish first launched its Boost Infinite postpaid service at the end of 2022. But 'our initial approach to the market was rushed,' said the company's new CEO, Hamid Akhavan.

Akhavan said Dish will re-enter the US postpaid market for wireless services sometime in the second half of 2024.

So to re-enter something, would mean you would have to stop first, but based on your post, they have not done that either.

What is going on with this company?
I dunno but it'll be interesting to see.
Like I said, we're branching into other areas, too, that are more related to Ontech-type work

I'd be MORE moved if the CSR's would stop selling Boost when my guys need it to hit office and tech goals. NOTHING more aggravating than being pushed to sell it and then half the customers either already bought it on their sales call or were offered Boost and declined
So what's new? They direct-sold DiSH to most of my area when I needed to "hit goals" AND the people needed a local servicer they never got.

Dish team summit 2024 lol
Untitled.jpg

Have they announced a Team Summit for next year?
Yes next year in it in Anaheim, California at Disney Land.

Just talked to someone else who went who echoed what our other reporter reported back, that 98% of everything there was Boost Mobile related.

They talked about their Hughes Bundle and new government contact and that was about it for DISH.

Charlie and everyone was heavily mingling with everyone and when asked about bankruptcy the answer was "we will be ok."

Sorry I wasn't around Friday or most of the weekend as my dad was rushed to the hospital Friday Morning, and I went to be by his side. He was released yesterday and I took him back to his house last night.

Dish Protect Question

Dish 4K Event Listings (No Discussion)