1/9 Charlie Chat Recap

lakebum431 said:
One more question:
I lease a 942. Can I go ahead and get the 622 as soon as they are out (by paying $299) and then get the rebate in April? Or do I have to wait until April to order to get the $99 (after rebate) price?
Good question.. I also lease a 942.. Looks to be if you want it now we pay $299.00 with no rebate or wait till April and get the rebate.. ?

lakebum431 said:
One more question:
I lease a 942. Can I go ahead and get the 622 as soon as they are out (by paying $299) and then get the rebate in April? Or do I have to wait until April to order to get the $99 (after rebate) price?

As I am told now. You will have to wait until april to get the rebate.

bpasker said:
so let me get this right, if my current sat dish is pointed to 119 and 110 I can upgrade my 811 to the 211 and get the second dish pointed to 61.5 for $50?
Too bad I can't use my best buy cards on one of those new fancy smancy hd dvrs. That's about the only way me wife is letting me come close to that price.

What ^he^ asked.

John

Sean Mota said:
As I am told now. You will have to wait until april to get the rebate.

I had a feeling that's what it was. I hate that, but I guess I'm going to wait until the rebate is active to get the 622. I would love to have it sooner, but who's to say it will even be ready by then. Good job on the recap guys, I appreciate it.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/voom/dish/dvr921upgrade.JPG

http://www.satelliteguys.us/voom/dish/finally.JPG

http://www.satelliteguys.us/voom/dish/rebate.JPG

starzhd.JPG

There was no slide about Starz. That picture is from the video of CES that they showed. I found it strange that Starz HD was in that video. They must be in negotiation with them but probably haven't finalized the contract.

Sean Mota said:
I should have said by End of 2006.... Li

Yeah, I think we understood that. I still say this is very exciting. My only question is are they including the Movie channels (Starz, Cinemax) here or are they talking about channels that we will be able to get with the "HD Pak"? I'm guessing some of both, but I'm not sure.

Tell you what: If DirecTv has done this same deal of HD additions to their package (HD Lite or not), DirecTv subs will be dancing in the streets right now. So I understand that some of us may not be crazy about the upgrade path (me included) but no doubt that Dish is trying to push the envelop with their addition of the HD channels. This is something that E* subs waited for a long time (I am not forgetting about the HD lite channels).

lakebum431 said:
Yeah, I think we understood that. I still say this is very exciting. My only question is are they including the Movie channels (Starz, Cinemax) here or are they talking about channels that we will be able to get with the "HD Pak"? I'm guessing some of both, but I'm not sure.

Starz for sure... Look at this picture:
starzhd.JPG

The others I do not know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)