10/23 HD Cinema Premiere Movies

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
World Cinema-HD: One From the Heart *+ (1982, Musical)

B0000YRL8K.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Summary: One of the most famous productions of its time, Francis Coppola's One from the Heart is a "little movie" that grew into a gigantic, studio-bankrupting behemoth. Entirely shot on glorious sets in Coppola's Zoetrope studio, the teeny story follows a bickering Las Vegas couple (Teri Garr and Frederic Forrest) during a night's madness with others. It would be nice to recommend the film to romantics, or movie-musical mavens, but really this film is for the technologically minded: it's a flashy display of camera trickery and painted sets (anticipating Moulin Rouge). Alas, the techno-dazzle is somewhat at odds with the clunky performances and choppy editorial flow... and it has all the warmth of neon. Since its initial botched release, the film has developed a small but devoted following, in part because of the terrific song score by Tom Waits (sung by Waits and Crystal Gayle). It should be seen, not least as a case study in bravado. --Robert Horton

Epics-HD: The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse **+ (1962, Drama)

6301969030.01._PE_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Summary: Two rich families in Argentina have gathered to welcome Heinrich home after many years of medical studies in Germany. They are shocked when they hear that he has given up his studies and joined the Nazi Party. His cousin is a carefree playboy, uninterested in politics. When the war breaks out, Heinrich joins the German army. Julio becomes interested and travels to Europe, fighting against the Nazis.

If you haven't seen any of these, they will be playing today...

HD Cinema (103): The Omega Man **+ (1971, SciFi)
CinemaGunslingers-HD: The Magnificent Seven ***+ (1960, Westerns)
HD Cinema (106): For Better or Worse *+ (1996, Comedy)
HD Cinema (103): Castle Keep *+ (1969, War)
HD Cinema (106): Benny & Joon *** (1993, Romance)​
World Cinema-HD: Salaam Bombay! *** (1988, Drama)

barth2k

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 14, 2004
Is it me or is Voom obsessed with Hitler? It's like the History channel HD! I don't know how many movies/docs about Hitler/Nazis I've seen in the lineup, though I haven't watched any of them.

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
I'm not sure about an obsession, but there certainly has been a fair amount of Hitler/Nazi material on the VOOM Exclusives. However, I would suspect that has more to do with inexpensive programming than it does anything else; I doubt any Hitler or Nazi party family members will be looking to collect royalties. ;)

Did anyone noticed how VOOM had The Architecture of Doom (Undergangens Arkitektur) running consecutively with The Message (aka Muhammed, Messenger of God) on one of the Cinema10 channels last week? I thought this was a tacky oversight on their part.

Is Jack Nicholson's the Shining coming to Monsters-HD?

10/24 HD Cinema Premiere Moview

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)