103°B Am i screwd? / Directv New HD Stuff

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Toofastgtp

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 17, 2007
Ok so the other day i was seeing anything between 50-80's....Now this?
Weather is clear as a bell if i do any other test im in the low mid 90s
This is on an HR20-100.

1403935750_4e9605cc17_o.jpg

You may still get channels with those signals but it does need to be tweaked. You should be getting at least 80 on all of them. Rain fade shouldn't be as much an issue with the bird but I would still call to get my dish aligned better after the channels go live.

The Day Of Redemption Is At Hand!!!!

We are just hours away from the biggest event that has happened to television since Neil Armstrong walked on the moon. Every minute that goes by, brings us one step closer to the promised land. Hopefully, the promised land isn't a black hole that we all jump into if D* doesn't come through for us whatever time it happens tomorrow. We shall see. If it happens at 6AM, then we are just 9 hours and 10 minutes away from right now..............:D

Similar issue -

My TP's are in the 40-60's and my signal strenght/meter is at 61% for both tuners. Could this be a BBC converter issue or definitely a realignment issue?

Thanks for the help.

Tick Tock.....

Well, 12 o'clock am on the East Coast came and went with no new channels. Next check will come at 6AM EST. Hopefully will have better news. Til then. Keep your fingers and toes crossed.

9/19 HD Going Live

After reading a fair share of posts in regard to the new HD lineup for D* I have come to the conclusion that there are some diehard HD people that exist. I have never seen this much excitement over something since maybe the launch of PS3 last year. My enthusiasm and interest is two fold. I am waiting for MSG in HD and my wife is a big fan of the Food Network. So I figured I would call directv and dig deeper.

I proceeded to call about 15 minutes ago. Went to Service option. The service techs are very smart and probably most likely in the know in regard to when things will launch. I got a very nice service tech on the phone. I played dumb initially saying I received a phone call recently about some sort of K band device and asked if he could tell If I had one since I wasnt sure. He walked me through telling me to check the back of the receiver of my HR-20. Obviously I knew I had them already, I was just setting up to find out more info about the launch of these supposedly "new channels".

At any rate, the tech guy read through his notes to me, thinking I was a harmless dum dum. To make a short story long, he said that 9/19 was the intitial date of the role out of new channels. His notes specifically said 9/19 and the channels on his list he read to me were the same ones discussed on these forums. One thing he did mention was that these channels had a September role out with no specific date when ....but that the initial launch would be today.

My last question to him was how the food network would tune to my HDTV. He replied that their would be two channels. SD would be @ Channel 231 and HD would be @ 231-1. He said I would customize my custom channel list and just check off 231-1 so I wouldnt have to flip through regular SD Food network.

So thats my tale. I hope the amount of time everyone has put into waiting and speculating pays off in your enjoyment of watching a clearer picture.

Happy HD viewing today! :)

I think it may be a coincedence that D* website went down after midnight. Wonder if they have to add the new HD Channels to there programming. We shall see

Yes, yet another thread.. 6am EDT was the posted time frame; around midnight - 2am EDT they should begin to update website and EPG info. Nothing new here.

Yes the threads keep coming....however just wait and see........

Yes, another thread to read.

In a few short hours you will not be reading these silly "I hear this" threads...but instead, you will be watching perfect , unadultered , deeply satisfying HDTV and enjoying the new channel lineup that D* offers.

The question is...how anti-climatic will this be for the large majority of people who spend countless hours waiting for this ?????

If you recall the hype on the iphone....2 days after it was launched, no one spoke about it :wave

If you recall the hype on the iphone....2 days after it was launched, no one spoke about it :wave

thats very funny that you said that because i was thinking the EXACT same thing not even 5 minutes ago. i waited in line for that sucker, and here i am today with another blackberry.

As mentioned in my initial post, I am very excited for MSG HD, that being a NY Rangers fan. My wife watches the food network alot so maybe that will make her happy to see the yummy food clearer. Looking at the channel lineup that will go HD, it is not a life changer for me. It is nice to have HD channels.....looking at your equipment you list shows you have some high end toys.....but the quality of programming is what is important to me. The most significant upgrade was having local channels broadcast in HD.....

whereas the new channels being launched is just icing on the cake and also good to show off your equipment that you spent a large amount of $$$ on.

On the other hand, if they had a husbands network that would be a different story....A channel dedicated to teaching us guys how to handle our wives with their distinct disatisfaction of us "wasting time" researching and playing with our tech toys would be great !

Finally will get all the channels Dish subs have been enjoying for awhile now. About time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts