1080 Bc

Well I disabled dishcomm for another night, and this morning it showed 10,000BC CH501 in 1080p on my 722, but not on my 622. My 722 is connected via HDMI-DVI to my Syntax Olevia set. My 622 is connected to a27" Philips tube TV via S-Video. Apparently the TV connection matters about what you gonna get. The 622 has six VOD's, all of them SD movies. The 722 has three shows now, all of the HD, with one of the 1080p, even though my set doesn't do 1080p. I had a sneak peak into the show and to me it looked a tad better than regular good quality HD channels. I already saw the show on DVD on my Philips 1080i upconverting DVD player, and although looking better, the difference wasn't that great. It's probably because my set is a 32".
I re-enabled dishcomm again, as I keep getting warnings about no phone line connected, and I don't want to be charged that fee. So I probably won't get any more VOD's until the problem is solved next week (hopefully).

None of this matters to me, I can't download the 1080p programs because I bought a pair of TV's this year that the Dish 1080p software does not recognize.
Two 1080p Sony Bravia's....
Damn, should have gone with a major brand...
Mike

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Huntress
Menu 6 1 8 and remove all receivers except for the one with the * next to it.

Barbara

I was thinking that was they way it had to be done. Turned out to be easier than I thought to do.

After I did disable the DishCOMM two of my 722's download 3 HD VOD each.
Just need to see if I get the 1080p movie now.

So I did the test again, after getting a few HD VOD's and re-enabled dishcomm. That cused to not get any new stuff for a few days. Then last night I disabled dishcomm again, and promptly this morning I had another HD VOD on there. So every time I disable dishcomm, I get more VOD's. Every time I enable it, I don't get any more. Weird thing is, I never got any more "TV Entertainment" events again. That might be just coincidence.

I've got 6 HD VOD's showing up on my 722, but none of them say anything about 1080P. I even tried one (that I wanted to see anyway), and it didn't do any flashing or testing at the beginning, so I have to assume it was not 1080P. Oh, well...I just want one to show up to run the test anyway, so I can't really complain. :)

I've got 6 HD VOD's showing up on my 722, but none of them say anything about 1080P. I even tried one (that I wanted to see anyway), and it didn't do any flashing or testing at the beginning, so I have to assume it was not 1080P. Oh, well...I just want one to show up to run the test anyway, so I can't really complain. :)
It would look like this:

Attachments

• vodiv6.jpg
    vodiv6.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 124
I have a 622 and did not even realize that HD VOD beyond just the 1080p selction was even offered, I guess maybe that is because my box has none listed??? I do have the SD events, and did eventually get the 10,000 BC 1080p HD event, so are folks saying that they are receiving 1080i HD VOD events also?? I think I got some under TV Entertainment during the Olympics, but still to date do not think I have seen any HD other than 1080p on ch. 501.

Last edited:
I tried another experiment over the weekend and yesterday. I removed the 2nd receiver from the DishComm list, and lo and behold the number of Channel 501's increased dramatically, and I now have the 1080P version of 10,000BC on the HDD.

Passed this info on to my Dish Contact. This is still with the L613 Software.

The L614 software downloaded last night on my 622. 10,000BC 1080P is now listed as available.:) However, my Sony XBR2 failed the 1080P test.:(

Edit: Only one receiver on DishComm

I tried another experiment over the weekend and yesterday. I removed the 2nd receiver from the DishComm list, and lo and behold the number of Channel 501's increased dramatically, and I now have the 1080P version of 10,000BC on the HDD.

Passed this info on to my Dish Contact. This is still with the L613 Software.

I did that experiment twice, and it worked each time, just like with you. Problem is, I need the 622 on dishcomm because of no phone line or ethernet there.
Still on L6.13 here too.

1080p BC

My Sony Bravia fails the test every time and it supports 1080p /24... I ordered it anyways and it came in at 1080i I believe. The picture looked excellent even if it wasn't 1080p..

This is my first VOD purchase and I had chop and sound cut outs during the opening of the movie and once during the middle of the movie.. This is on a 622 HD DVR..

converter box, which one?

NHL Preseason blackouts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)