$1499.99 Vizio 42" Plasma P42HDTV10A, has anyone bought one from Costco this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
I purchased this Plasma last night from my local Costco and boy what a nice set this is. HDTV looks amazing via DirecTv H20 and from my Bell 6100 receivers.
It is priced at $1499.99 after the $300.00 instant discount at checkout.

Just wanted to see if anyone has purchased this set, and want to compare notes on your experiances.

Some guys at AVS report sudden shut downs, but I have not seen this Plasma shut down on its own whatsoever.

Here is the link from Costco.com, but keep in mind that most in-store have them in stock to save on the shipping cost/pain

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11112946&whse=&topnav=&browse=&s=1

Attachments

• 942042LL.jpg
    942042LL.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 371
  • 942042LL_v1.jpg
    942042LL_v1.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 319
  • 942042LL_v2.jpg
    942042LL_v2.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 392
  • 942042L.jpg
    942042L.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 405
I can't say I'm a fan of the Plasma technology, but I will say this is a good price and I highly recommend making big ticket purchases at Costco. Their 100% satisfaction guarantee, for all intents and purposes, is one of the best in the industry and makes this purchase an even better deal.

I just took back my Vizio 32" after a week, poor picture. I was using it for my 360 and computer monitor, so I decide to save a few bucks and go with the off brand. Big Mistake! Not only did it look bad, but you would get headaches (physically ill) checking e-mail or surfing the web. Picked up a Sammy LNR329D, the difference is like night and day! I guess the old cliche " You get what you pay for" hit me like a brick.

Wow...this is a great price. If I was in the market I would consider it. Especially since you could always bring it back to Cosco if something was wrong with it.

do you have to save the box when you buy a tv from costco if you plan on bringing it back later?

sams0n said:
do you have to save the box when you buy a tv from costco if you plan on bringing it back later?

Nope, just as long as you have the valid and original receipt + manual + remote + all cables that came in the box, that will do.

I have been extremely happy with this Vizio 42" Plasma. With the 10,000:1 Contrast ratio, it's a Winner. :D

I also own the Panasonic 42" Plasma that I also purchased from Costco and this Vizio has a better image 2 to 1.

And with Costco's best return policy in the biz, it makes it all worth while.

doubletap said:
How does it handle fast moving action(Sports, etc...)?

Saw Cleveland @ Detroit HD + and Toronto @ Boston HD on the ESPN Networks and Handles sports really good.

I've also seen ID4 DVD and with all the fast action with that flick, I totally enjoyed it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)