15 days?

MustangLX89

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 19, 2004
Ohio
I just got our crap cancelled today and they gave us the standard 15 days blah blah to return it line. After playing Customer Service Roulette for 3 phone calls trying to get someone to close out our account I was just wanting to get off the damn phone. My question concerns the 15 days eqipment return deal. Do they mean 15 "business" "mail" or "calander" days for the return? I'd call emm back but after trying to get the stuff shut off I figured it'd be easier to ask yall guys than get a CSR to answer me. TIA.

What does it matter? As soon as your service is shut off, box it up, keep a copy of the tracking number and send it out.

Yeah just return it as soon as you get the boxes, then there wont be any delaying to deal with...

The reason why I asked is because they shut off service yesterday afternoon. Now givin the fact that it will take some amount of time (ie days) for me to get the box in the first place I want to know what their idea of 15 days means. It's getting boxed up the day the box gets in I'd just like to know what their definition of 15 days is due to the different explinations people give for the term. I've seen UPS ground shipping take anywhere between 5-7 "business" days to and from my area. That doens't exactly leave alot of reasonable time to return the equipment if they are thinking 15 calander days.

I'd call back and make them note the account with the tracking numbers. Then call back to make sure the CSR noted it.

yeah as much as we all hate to call, like BC said call with tracking numbers, then call back to see if they did make the notes on your account.

I'm just hoping to get the stuff back to them in the time alloted because of the long ship times to and from here. Also I need to figure out what to do with the dish itself and such since I own it. The only thing leased was the reciever itself. I suppose I could use them the next time my car gets stuck in the mud. Lord knows by the time I would even consider coming back to them they'll have upgraded stuff to the point my stuff will be useless.

Per the residential agreement that was signed it is 15 days upon cancellation of the account. That's 15 calendar days upon cancellation. The boxes are shipped out and the tracking number for them will be available in 24 hours. It takes roughly 3-5 business days to get to you, and with the prepaid labels takes about 3-5 to get back to that leaves roughly about a week in your possession to return it. Worst case scenario the actual account is charged for the equipment and reimbursed upon the return of it. The only time this is different is if the account goes into cancellation per nonpayment.

I was at a customer's house that made a lovely waterfall with old primestar dishes. I gave them a spare D500 to make a birdbath.

I was at a customer's house that made a lovely waterfall with old primestar dishes. I gave them a spare D500 to make a birdbath.

ROTFLMAO!!! I think I just got another "you might be a redneck joke" to add to my list.

:D

are you going to directv or cable?

Right now we have cable. The best part is I don't have to pay for it, it comes with the rental. I know some folks dislike cable, and I did as well in Texas, but so far it's fine for what we need at the moment. As far as picture quality goes it's bounces between the same as Dish or slightly less. That was one of the deciding factors when I was contemplating running over 200' of cable, trenching it, and post mounting the dish. If it looked a hell of a lot worse I would have went through the deal of installation and the joy of paying almost $50 a month and passed on the free cable. After I had a chance to compair and the wife also saw, we didn't see the need to donate more money to a company that flat out lies, deceives, and has compressed the signal so darn much it's not much better than what we were getting for no cost.

Granted I do miss the PVR, the guide with pip thing in the corner and guide info. However, I did do without it before and I can do without it again. Besides there are other PVR options also available that don't require paying a monthly fee. The other thing is we are looking into getting a HDTV in the next couple of months. With the lack of HD content on Dish Network and no real intention to add any there is no real reason to keep them for that either. All in all it was a fun ride while it lasted but when the cars engine is burned up and going nowhere fast it's time to look for something else.

BFG said:
15 days from when they send you the box.
When I cancelled, the rep told me it's 15 days from when you receive the boxes. They track them to you, so they know when you get them. Nonetheless, I returned them at my own cost the day after I cancelled over the phone.

I called today to get the story on the return boxes and found out the damn clowns have not even shipped the damn things. No box, no tracking numbers, but plenty of attitude. So just for clarification I also asked about the 15 days deal and they tell me it's 15 days from the date of cancellation not the ship date of the box or the date you recieve the box. I informed the csr at best the box will get here 3 days fromt he time they ship it and 3 days after I ship it back. I also informed her simple math says 15 days minus my close date says I have 10 days. To which she went into a very unprofessional tirade about how much of a favor they do by even sending the boxes at all. My only response was I suppose I could ship back to you at my expense but given what I have in the way of a box and shipping material I couldn't guarantee it'd make it in one piece. Also, that their best option would be to get their thumbs out of their asses and get the box here asap. I tell ya if they even did improve their service options and such I'll be dipped if I come back to a company that's run so haphazardly and has rude csr's the like of which I just spoke to tonight.

Day 10 and still no damn box to ship this crap back. I've emailed the ceo@ address and got a response back that it would be shipped Tuesday. This being Wednesday I thought (how freakin foolish of me) that they would have some damn tracking numbers. But alas I get some guy that can barely speak the english language that found no box shipped or tracking numbers. I fired off another email to the person that responded from the ceo@ email for what it's worth. I'm a gnats ass from wrapping the damn thing in two pieces of newspaper in a used soupcan box to them. I do have to give them some credit. They've gone out of their way to attempt to get me to keep the damn thing. Between not shipping the box and the daily sometime twice a day calls asking me why I dropped them and asking me to come back though I'm getting pissed enough to give the AG a call.

I been considering cancelling but with the hassle of what they want back not sure. They want the LNB and all the receivers. Why on earth did they list my 811 as one of the items they own? I paid for it on ebay and they activated it.

Perhaps we'd be better off calling someone else to sic on their sorry arses for all the damn cons they try pulling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)