15 simple rules to make an install go smooth

Needs some changes but very good list I thought.

I know this might sound like an advertisement, but if your going to order Dish directly through DISH Network you might as well call the Dishstore and order through us.

See...

http://www.dishretailer.com/dishstore/dishstore.htm

Its the same thing as going through Dish, but our sales people are more knowledgable and you get some additional savings :)
If only I would have known!
I was excited to hear the CSR speak english (heavy new yord accent) but then to have them screw up worse than what some foreign $2/hr. CSR would have.....kinda pissed me off.

ive used it at home to get through.. didnt tell them i was a tech.. they didnt care.. i feel that its only fair for them to have the option to get usa only if they wish.. i cant count the times that when i show up to a house and thats its the main complaint.. "i cant understand those indians", or "i dont know where she/he was from but i dont like the fact that i had trouble understanding them".. its sad that we are a fortune 500 company and we still find it too much of a cost saver v/s true customer service, that we need to outsource.. its BS.. the United States companies want to make more money, so they send jobs over seas and then there is less work here, and less people to buy their products, which in turn makes the companies layoff and outsource more.. vicious cycle

That number is for tech's. Wait times of 10-15 minutes to get tech support is crazy. I have enough to do during the day not to be on hold any longer than I Have too..... Just ranting a bit, but the wait times to get someone are going way up. And the odds of getting the offshore CSR's is getting higher and higher..

Am I missing something here? Where are the rules for the installer who is doing the install. Isn't this a two way street?

I must emphasize that the customer IS NOT always right but he is still paying the bill to have this service (E* subscription and equipment fees). Whether the customer is paying for the actual install or not is not the customers problem.

Installer compensation is a separate issue that needs to be addressed with E* since there seems to be a lot of animosity directed at customers when they want things done a certain way. The customer is not privy to the slave labor arrangement you have with E*.

Am I missing something here? Where are the rules for the installer who is doing the install. Isn't this a two way street?

I must emphasize that the customer IS NOT always right but he is still paying the bill to have this service (E* subscription and equipment fees). Whether the customer is paying for the actual install or not is not the customers problem.

Installer compensation is a separate issue that needs to be addressed with E* since there seems to be a lot of animosity directed at customers when they want things done a certain way. The customer is not privy to the
slave labor arrangement you have with E*.

The biggest problem is the customer sees FREE installation and thats all they see...It's actually free STANDARD installation.

Not technical? Looking for an easy way to ger your new DISH Network TV system up and running? Standard Professional Installation is FREE! (Savings of $199 - Limited time offer.) Let our experts bring satellite television into your home for FREE!

Contact your nearest retailer to get started!

dn_redArrowDots.gif
Standard Professional Installation Includes
  • Site survey (at time of installation)
  • Assembly of dishes and mount(s)
  • Grounding of system components
  • System peaking for optimum performance
  • Installation of up to 120' RG-6 cable
  • One wall cable penetration
  • Testing of equipment for proper operation
  • Orientation to DISH Network programming and equipment
dn_redArrowDots.gif
Materials Provided At No Charge:
  • Up to 120' RG-6 cable
  • Coaxial cable connectors
  • Grounding equipment
  • Weather sealant for connections
    and structure penetration
http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/our_products/installation/index.shtml

Installer compensation is a separate issue that needs to be addressed with E* since there seems to be a lot of animosity directed at customers when they want things done a certain way. The customer is not privy to the slave labor arrangement you have with E*.

You are right. It's not the customers fault. Not the installers fault either. This entire situation is FUBAR. I wonder what the early days of cable installation was like. What did the customers expect then? I rolled up on two installs today that had existing Direct TV dishes. Usually this would be great because you figure "hey, most of the work is done! I'll just swap out the dishes, slap in some diplexers and activate". As if. I could probably have yanked the dishes out of the roof with one arm, and the cable was draped across all four sides of the house. The odd thing is, the customers didn't seem to care. They wondered what was taking me so long, why couldn't i just swap out the dish and the boxes and leave. It's not just Direct, I know. I've seen Dish and cable installs that were equally horrid. It's not a perfect system. Maybe it will all get sorted out one day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts