180CM is CHEAPER than 120CM??!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ultatryon said:
I would agree with that statement, except for the lack of a polar mount (making adjustments difficult at best), and the fact that no H-H motor would hold it..

You are right. The 120cm dish is way more flexible than the 180cm dish we sell. Besides, for KU-band signals, the 120 OFFSET dish performs just as well or even better than the 180cm PRIME focus dish.

I think Cascade is even testing the 120cm dish with a C-band LNB. http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=70314&page=1&pp=15

I was thinking about motorized the dish. So, I guess I will be picking up 120CM dish with motor.

Question, Will I be able to put KU AND C LNB both on 120CM dish with bracket or some sort? :)

Thanks

Ashley@sadoun said:
I doubt it because the minimum dish size for c band is a 6ft.

Actually with 2 deg spacing it is 8.5 but I use to play a lot like what these guys are doing now, a few years back and used 4' and 5' but to get all feeds and good picture the 10' works better, I am now again playing with my bud, and found P1 and P3 when I get a chance I will find more, really need to tune my bud though :)

tdti1 said:
Actually with 2 deg spacing it is 8.5 but I use to play a lot like what these guys are doing now, a few years back and used 4' and 5' but to get all feeds and good picture the 10' works better, I am now again playing with my bud, and found P1 and P3 when I get a chance I will find more, really need to tune my bud though :)

ACTUALLY... it's been done with a 120cm, just ask Cascade ;)
As I have more of a clear view to each horizon, I plan on purchasing a 120cm and giving C-band a try. This way I can do a bird-by-bird review on what you can pick up and how well using that setup. Should be useful! Especially to sadoun ;)

I have a perfectly clear sky view from PAS9 to.. well, everything on the other side :cool: So it should be very good comprehensive trial.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts