1H/1J scheduled, 2H/0J or 2H/1J future potential

fordman302

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2012
IL
I'm scheduled to get 1H/1J and was wondering what my chances are of upgrading to a 2nd Hopper once the integration in complete. I just didn't want to manage 2 DVR's. I can not justify 'renting' a Joey for the same price (minus $99) as a hopper.

if you want the second hopper leased, then dish will probably require an install. That would mean a duo node and the installation of the hopper.

I don't think Dish will make it easy for you to upgrade so soon after the last one since it may cost them money to perform yet another upgrade. If you can wait on the second hopper upgrade for maybe longer than when the integration occurs, you may qualify for their upgrade deals at that point. It's a little hard to say since we don't know when that software update will be sent out.

Last edited:
if you want the second hopper leased, then dish will probably require an install. That would mean a duo node and the installation of the hopper.

I don't think Dish will make it easy for you to upgrade so soon after the last one since it may cost them money to perform yet another upgrade. If you can wait on the second hopper upgrade for maybe longer than when the integration occurs, you may qualify for their upgrade deals at that point. It's a little hard to say since we don't know when that software update will be sent out.

You make some good points. Now I'm wondering if I should get 2H/2J and cancel the joey's (CSR's have said I could). It's too bad the Hopper can't emulate a joey until the integration is complete. I wonder how hard it is to change my order at this point.

You make some good points. Now I'm wondering if I should get 2H/2J and cancel the joey's (CSR's have said I could). It's too bad the Hopper can't emulate a joey until the integration is complete. I wonder how hard it is to change my order at this point.

The techs are just finishing my install of 2H/2J. For my household (6 adults), only one hopper wouldn't give us enough recording space. Might as well pay the $99 now while the install is free. Are you under contract? If not they might give you a special deal to stay (like maybe $10/month statement credit for a year).

2 Hopper, 1 Joey install in about three hours (well that's the start on the installer window) will let you guys know how it goes!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)