1st timer wanting legal fta

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vonal

Original poster
Jan 15, 2013
us
Needing everything:
a. equipment (where or who to get it from)
b. info for dummies (LOL)
I have DirectTv ( Paid Service) but want to see whats going on on the other side of the world also if its free Love me some free.
So Please i have an open ear for anyone that can ponit me on this quest...Thank You...........Respect...

a: http://www.satelliteav.com/p/shop/?ws_pid=1611&ws_cat=413
Site sponsor, Great support, and right here on this forum.
b: Right here. IMHO, it's the best.
The above package is Ku band. 11700 thru 12200 & V and H polarity.
http://www.lyngsat.com/america.html although many listings are out of date, but it's a quick reference to satellite positions.
What you can get: TheList - link on every page here. & also I like this: http://www.global-cm.net/mpeg2central.html
:welcome to satguys

I should add, FTA isn't going to replace your source of, if dependent on, 'cable' channels'

First, welcome to this forum.

Read,read and reed and ask questions before you do anything or before you buy anything.
' Free ' sounds good, but is FTA for you and /or your family? If you want HBO or Starz for example that will not happen with FTA, but ther are many shows,movies and sports out there.
Satellite dishes come in different sizes.
Ku which is the smaller dish with an recommended size of 36'' or bigger.
C-band, big dishes, big ugly dishes or BUD, with an recommended size of 8 foot or bigger.
Both can be setup as a stationary dish, or both can be motorized to catch different satellites.
FTA dishes need to be bigger, since the signal is weaker than the commercial satellite signals.

Location....
Do you have an unobstructed few to the southern Sky? This is a must.
dishpointer.com is a good website. This would help to aim your dish. Just enter your address and satellite you want to aim and it will draw a line with the help of google maps. It will also give you coordinates that is needed to aim your dish.

Receivers and hardware.
Don't buy the cheapest thing that you can find, you may be disappointed and may waste your money.
Ask us first. There are members here that have years and years under there belts and they are willing to help you.

Not to long ago I had Dish, but before I canceled with them I started out to read about FTA.
I setup an OTA ( over the air)= regular Tv antenna first.
Then I setup an c-band dish because for me I liked the programming better. I year after that I setup an Ku dish.
You can take your time or you can get one piece at a time to put everything together.Or you can rush it and put it together at one time. The pace is up to you.

You can use old used dishes and retrofit it with new electronics to trim the cost, which many members are doing.

Other have gave you very good info. So I will say yes come here and read read read, and don't be afraid to ask ask ask, no one will look down on you, we all started new one time or the other.

and

Welcome to Satelliteguys!!!!

Thanks for the info i have to read now. i cant wait to see what the show are like in jamacia and places like that lol this is going to be great Thanks again everyone for the speedy reply and info.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts