2/1/2009 2:12am Uplink Activity Report - 5 changes

Yeah with rates going up on just about every major TV provider out there. They Should not be dropping any HD channels just adding them...

Yeah I really like the Smith channel over the CI channel.. Whats up with this Scott have you heard anything??

So this is how Dish is going to add more New HD ? Add one and take away one? We are still paying more for the same amount of HD channels. Here I thought Dish might actually start to improve things by adding New HD, guess not. Its about like taking away Monsters HD and telling us a bunch of bull about how they added Chiller in its place for us. Like they did us a favor or something. I guess by them adding this channel today,the first of Feb., it makes up for our bills going up today.

If it weren't for the simple fact that Dish Network does NOT save me or many other customers ANY money over choosing DirecTV (especially Comcast in my area), I wouldn't be so upset by the removal of Smithsonian HD. But when they remove it in the name of saving rates when their rate increase is bigger and quality/variety of programming are lesser than DirecTV, I think that's B.S. I am a Dish Network fanboy the most, but even I am getting sick of how Dish has handled things on the HD front. I watch that just as much as Discovery HD and Nat Geo HD. It is easily one of the top 4 or 5 channels in this house. Just makes the TV provider decision easy when I move.

If it weren't for the simple fact that Dish Network does NOT save me or many other customers ANY money over choosing DirecTV (especially Comcast in my area), I wouldn't be so upset by the removal of Smithsonian HD. But when they remove it in the name of saving rates when their rate increase is bigger and quality/variety of programming are lesser than DirecTV, I think that's B.S. I am a Dish Network fanboy the most, but even I am getting sick of how Dish has handled things on the HD front. I watch that just as much as Discovery HD and Nat Geo HD. It is easily one of the top 4 or 5 channels in this house. Just makes the TV provider decision easy when I move.

I went to DirecTv's website and to get comparable program (with more HD) and 4 receivers (2 HD DVR, 1 HD, 1 SD) Instead of the 2 dual tuners that i have now..DirecTv would be about $15 a month cheaper....am I missing something?

I went to DirecTv's website and to get comparable program (with more HD) and 4 receivers (2 HD DVR, 1 HD, 1 SD) Instead of the 2 dual tuners that i have now..DirecTv would be about $15 a month cheaper....am I missing something?

Yeah...those are introductory pricing.

I check every time DISH pulls crap like this, and DISH is still always cheaper.

Yeah...those are introductory pricing.

I check every time DISH pulls crap like this, and DISH is still always cheaper.

Not only that but the cost of the equipment is pretty high to switch to Directv. If I wanted to have the same receivers that I have now, I will have to spend $400-$600.

Not only that but the cost of the equipment is pretty high to switch to Directv. If I wanted to have the same receivers that I have now, I will have to spend $400-$600.

this is what keeps me with dish.

I will however continue to beat the folks I know in upper echelons about crap like this.

It su:mad:tm).

I never watch Smithsonian...even took it out of my channel list recently. Gaining CI is a good thing for me... I'll watch a few things on there.