2/11/2009 7:05am - Uplink Activity Report - 67 changes

Nice to see the Sioux City, Ia locals coming in March in HD. I will finally be able to take down that ugly antenna off my roof.

Take down an antenna that works? No way. I like having the extra subchannels, being able to record three networks at one time, plus for backup purposes if a channel is down at the uplink.

Take down an antenna that works? No way. I like having the extra subchannels, being able to record three networks at one time, plus for backup purposes if a channel is down at the uplink.

Yup you sure said it! i would never take my OTA antenna down. Lets me record networks while i watch n record other stuff off Sat feeds plus OTA PQ is Awsome not to mention its good wen weather gets very bad and the dish will get some break up in picture.

But hey, to each his own

2-11-09 230pmPT; N of Seattle TP Readings

01 = 0
02 = 0
03 = 0
04 = 0
05 = 0
06 = 0
07 = 0
08 = 50 Spotbeam
09 = 61 Locked - Name Not Acquired!
10 = 59 Spotbeam
11 = 61 Spotbeam
12 = 12 Spotbeam
13 = 27-54 boing - boing Locked - Name Not Acquired...signal bounces no in between
14 = 01 Locked - Name Not Acquired
15 = 27-55 boing - boing Locked - Name Not Acquired
16 = 0
17 = 55
(No 18)
19 = 54
20 = 50
21 = 68
22 = 50
23 = 54
24 = 50
25 = 53
26 = 49
27 = 54
28 = 49
29 = 53
30 = 46
31 = 55
32 = 60

We have to choose our battles, my Wife thinks the Rooftop antenna is an eye soar on a new house, so I'll take it down just to save that "I told you so" for something else.
Once we loose locals due to weather, I can pull that card out of my pocket.

GR HD locals already live on 61.5. The retailer chat recap doesn't address those they are mirroring on 129 Ciel-2. I noticed WWMT HD too. I haven't done the 61.5 dish yet, so GR HD locals on 129 is a good thing.
I haven't got 61.5 either, so getting it on 129 would be awesome.

Also, as for WWMT, when I e-mailed Freedom Broadcasting about a month ago (probably not even that long ago), the tone of the reply signaled that it would not be for a very LONG time (if ever). However, seeing the uplink definitely gives me hope.

Geoff

Bickering again ? - Then look at skyscan picture - there are signals on a few odd tpns turned on yesterday !

[Better if you'll get BLSA and stop picking on me]

So what's the meaning of the Grand Rapids, MI locals showing up on 129? Is this market going to be both EA and WA? This would come in very handy for my parents' house as they have no LOS to 61.5. I realize the channels are listed as "NA" right now. Just hoping that they might change to "A" at some point.

Nah, I disagree with your conclusion that they might be E5 signals. I don't need a BLSA to determine that.

Well, I should agree with that; but BLSA is good to discover that 'reopen' tpns doesn't show signal fluctuation as been before on same tpns. That's big advantage of the tool.

So what's the meaning of the Grand Rapids, MI locals showing up on 129? Is this market going to be both EA and WA? This would come in very handy for my parents' house as they have no LOS to 61.5. I realize the channels are listed as "NA" right now. Just hoping that they might change to "A" at some point.

The meaning is exactly what you suggested. Why leave a beam idle when you can load it up with locals for folks that might have LOS issues to 61.5.

The meaning is exactly what you suggested. Why leave a beam idle when you can load it up with locals for folks that might have LOS issues to 61.5.
Another, possibly stupid, question for you Digi. I noticed that the channel numbers in the uplink are a different channel (and a completely different range), would that make a difference to it being lit up some day, or are they using 4XXX and 5XXX range for locals frequently.

Also, why would they uplink them and leave them unavailable (for the ones that are currently available on 61.5)???

Thanks in Advance,
Geoff

Another, possibly stupid, question for you Digi. I noticed that the channel numbers in the uplink are a different channel (and a completely different range), would that make a difference to it being lit up some day, or are they using 4XXX and 5XXX range for locals frequently.

Also, why would they uplink them and leave them unavailable (for the ones that are currently available on 61.5)???

Thanks in Advance,
Geoff

They will probably move them out of the 4XXX range. They started using the 5XXX range back when 61.5 went to spotbeam. Most people don't notice since they use the local channel mapdowns.

It seems in the locals they loaded the channel tables first then put the content up later. So probably something isn't read to release on those yet. Lots of things to check before firing up the spotbeam.