2/16/2009 1:17pm - Uplink Activity Report - 60 changes

I'm quickly approaching my 1st Anniversary with Dish after quitting Time-Warner Cable. Dish technology resolved all of my TW shortcomings but also produced a major take-away related to locals in HD. Funny how I missed (what would have been a deal breaker) when reviewing the Dish offering with the CS rep. At any rate I continue to be a not so happy customer of Dish because I don't feel whole with my home entertainment package. When and if I ever see local HD (Cleveland) I will at last be satisfied with the original decision and will SOON begin to buy every PPV Dish has to offer, I'll SOON order a couple of extra DVR's, and I'll SOON buy more channels than I need, and I'll SOON over pay my monthly bill. You can judge whether I'll hold to my end of this promise by reading the non-printable characters that I've inserted between the lines of this posting.

Cleveland HD locals are available on the 61.5 W slot and might be available soon from the 129 W slot.

Digital Transition day for 421 stations. DiSH might just be a bit preoccupied. :)

One would hope that all Dish/DIRECTV LiL stations would have already been converted. They started cropping the HD feed to 4:3 for many markets a long time ago. They should not be cutting it anywhere close to today.

Y'all are spoiled - I live where I can't get cable or any other service, and my locals are in & out - I'm perfectly happy with Dish. Don't know what I'm missing, I guess.

I'm quickly approaching my 1st Anniversary with Dish after quitting Time-Warner Cable. Dish technology resolved all of my TW shortcomings but also produced a major take-away related to locals in HD. Funny how I missed (what would have been a deal breaker) when reviewing the Dish offering with the CS rep. At any rate I continue to be a not so happy customer of Dish because I don't feel whole with my home entertainment package. When and if I ever see local HD (Cleveland) I will at last be satisfied with the original decision and will SOON begin to buy every PPV Dish has to offer, I'll SOON order a couple of extra DVR's, and I'll SOON buy more channels than I need, and I'll SOON over pay my monthly bill. You can judge whether I'll hold to my end of this promise by reading the non-printable characters that I've inserted between the lines of this posting.

Sorry to bring you the bad news but SOON was March of last year.

Available last March with an additional dish and confusion brought on by varied CS reps who seemed eager to shut down my SD locals. Two dishes on one roof is a nonsensical solution, why not add a microwave tower for my back yard while we're at it. Dishjim, I was born at night but not last night as the SOON that I'm looking for should reflect all that this satellite stuff should be and that is simply the performance of a utility.

I'm enjoying this free preview. IMHO, hockey is by far the best sport in HD. (I'm more of a football fan, but hockey looks better in HD more so than any other sport.)

What's up w/ the two channel sound? It's rather lively though. Time to hit the ProLogic button.

All locals were converted to pure digital reception last month on both DISH and DIRECTV. So any channels that go digital today won't matter to the sat companies since they are all ready converted.

All locals were converted to pure digital reception last month on both DISH and DIRECTV. So any channels that go digital today won't matter to the sat companies since they are all ready converted.
Some channels are changing channels, as it were. ;)