2/27/2013 12:17am - Uplink Activity Report - 15 changes

D

DigiDish Uplink Report

Original poster
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 2/27/2013 12:17am - 15 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 02/27/2013 12:01A - 02/27/2013 12:16A

Channel Additions:
5285(58) - WPGA [MPEG4 HD] added to Unknown TID#1588 (Mkt:Macon, GA-Perry, GA-ABC) (A) (H)
5168(54) - WNUV [MPEG4 HD] added to Unknown TID#1575 (Mkt:Baltimore, MD-Baltimore, MD-CW) (A) (H)
5206(15) - KXVO [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 07 Spotbeam 20 (Mkt:Omaha, NE-Omaha, NE-CW) (A) (H)
5206(15) - KXVO [MPEG4 HD] added to Unknown TID#1084 (Mkt:Omaha, NE-Omaha, NE-CW) (A) (H)
6365(44) - WMCN [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5W TP 01 Spotbeam 5 (Mkt:Philadelphia, PA-Atlantic City, NJ-IND) (A) (H)
6347(58) - WNAB [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 14 Spotbeam 38 (Mkt:Nashville, TN-Nashville, TN-CW) (A) (H)
6347(58) - WNAB [MPEG4 HD] added to Unknown TID#1582 (Mkt:Nashville, TN-Nashville, TN-CW) (A) (H)

Channel Removals:
7883 - WPGA (A) (H) [MPEG4 SD] removed from Unknown TID#1588 (Mkt:Macon, GA-Perry, GA-ABC)
8734 - WNUV (A) (H) [MPEG4 SD] removed from Unknown TID#1575 (Mkt:Baltimore, MD-Baltimore, MD-CW)
9144 - KXVO (A) (H) [MPEG4 SD] removed from Unknown TID#1084 (Mkt:Omaha, NE-Omaha, NE-CW)
8165 - WMCN (A) (H) [MPEG4 SD] removed from Unknown TID#1573 (Mkt:Philadelphia, PA-Atlantic City, NJ-IND)
8554 - WNAB (A) (H) [MPEG4 SD] removed from Unknown TID#1582 (Mkt:Nashville, TN-Nashville, TN-CW)

Channel Moves:
7055 - KMTW [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar10 110W TP 27 Spotbeam 29 to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 29 (Mkt:Wichita, KS-Hutchinson, KS-MY) (A) (H)
5154 - WVIA [MPEG4 HD] moved from Unknown TID#1528 to Unknown TID#1526 (Mkt:Wilkes Barre, PA-Scranton, PA-PBS) (A) (H)
9250 - WQMY [MPEG4 SD] moved from Unknown TID#1528 to Unknown TID#1526 (Mkt:Wilkes Barre, PA-Williamsport, PA-MY) (A) (H)

Channels in the system: 8739
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers
(FP) = Free Preview

The Format and Layout of the SatelliteGuys Uplink Report is © Copyright 2013 SatelliteGuys.US and may not be republished without written permission from SatelliteGuys.US.

The SatelliteGuys Uplink Report is powered by Digiblur Technologies! - DigiDish v12.09.27

© 2013 - All Rights Reserved - SatelliteGuys Incorporated

Weren't they required to have these "fill in" HD channels done by February 17th? In the San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose market there are seventeen locals broadcasting an HD signal. Dish only carries fourteen of them. None of the missing three are critical, at least for me, however, my understanding is Dish is in violation of the agreement which required them, and DirecTV, to broadcast all HD locals in a market if they broadcast any at all (i.e all, or nothing, is the requirement). I wonder if there are any penalties for non-compliance?

They didn't go under the must carry and no contract was reached? They have no means to get the signal to Dish?

Weren't they required to have these "fill in" HD channels done by February 17th? In the San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose market there are seventeen locals broadcasting an HD signal. Dish only carries fourteen of them. None of the missing three are critical, at least for me, however, my understanding is Dish is in violation of the agreement which required them, and DirecTV, to broadcast all HD locals in a market if they broadcast any at all (i.e all, or nothing, is the requirement). I wonder if there are any penalties for non-compliance?

They probably got some leeway from the FCC deadline due to launch delays.

Another requirement is that if a station requests must carry they have to be able to deliver the signal to the point of presence of the carrier. So, if Dish has an antenna somewhere in the DMA and the station's signal does not reach it, it is up to the station to get the signal there (they could for example pay for fiber).

They didn't go under the must carry and no contract was reached? They have no means to get the signal to Dish?

Another requirement is that if a station requests must carry they have to be able to deliver the signal to the point of presence of the carrier. So, if Dish has an antenna somewhere in the DMA and the station's signal does not reach it, it is up to the station to get the signal there (they could for example pay for fiber).

You did say it with a better explanation. :)

The three missing stations are KOFY (independent), KEMO (Azteca) and KKPX (Ion). The SD version of all three is uplinked so this likely has nothing to do with them not having retransmission consent (more likely all three elected must carry). Also, it's unlikely the issue is related to not having access to their OTA signals as their signals come from areas where other channels are uplinked (at least two of the three-maybe not KEMO). Seems like they will be added but Dish has simply not got around to it yet. The fill ins they're doing all seem to be on the EA. Presumably, they will get around to the WA. Still, even though I don't really need them, I wonder if Dish will be penalized for not meeting the required deadline?

The three missing stations are KOFY (independent), KEMO (Azteca) and KKPX (Ion).
I didn't realize KOFY b'cast in HD. I don't think I ever watched it on any carrier in the 15 years I've lived out here. And, I have no interest in KEMO, as I do not shprechen ze espagnol. I do believe Dish has some kind of agreement with ION at the network level, iirc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)