2-day Priorty mail is not a funny joke

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I´ve had so many war stories with shipping.

The only effective 2 day usps shipping I´ve experienced has been with a seller in amazon, I´ve ordered twice from them, Swiss Miss Hot cocoa (which I can´t get here south of the border) is sent from NY to a forwarding address I have in NH, free 2 day shipping, works just great.
Then I forward it here via DHL´s cheap Global Mail Direct, and it arrives promptly and safely..

A month ago, I ordered a book from a seller in abebooks, he sent me a shipment confirmation, but no book whatsoever arrived at my US address, so past the delivery date, I contacted him, he said: I´m terrible embarassed, I never shipped the book and it´s still sitting on my desk, he then offered to send it with free shipping if I still wanted it.

I asked for my money back, to affect his ratings, I don´t think such a seller could be relied upon.

I live in the North Carolina foothills. I've ordered a lot of stuff from the west coast ( California ). It seems that when it finally gets out of California it don't take anytime till I get it. But it usually takes it at least a week to get out of California. I sent something there a while back that took two days to get there but the trip back took a week.

I just got an update on my shipment shipped from California on Dec 8th to BC, Canada. It should take a week. It disappeared in LA on the 11th on the USPS tracking and just appeared as just departed from Tokyo!

Reactions: Titanium
Yup - I wish it could tell me its adventures when it gets here in a couple weeks. I was jealous it was spending so much time in sunny LA, but now I understand it got Shang-Hai-ed - or Tokyo-ed as it would appear.

Reactions: Titanium
Related, we just paid for 2 day FedEx and it took 3. Acceptable, but not what we paid for. They were special medium base 12VAC LED bulbs for path lighting. Wanted them installed before guests arrived at night.

Before the days of bar codes it would have a ton of post marks on it. :)

Reactions: Annie61
I'm hoping to get an order I placed on the 12th, today. It's coming Priority Mail. I first thought it was 2 day but they sent me an updated delivery notice and I see it is actually 3 day service. But I get it today instead of Monday :)

Reactions: pacificrim
There is no mail delivery until Tuesday at the earliest but the part will probably spend a few days in customs and I'll probably have to pay import from Japan LOL.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Intelsat 14 Ku @ 45W Channel Lineup 12/24/15

DVB-S2 tuner software (Windows)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)