2 FREE dish PPV movies $4.99 each *click link*

If any of you didnt get the promotion in the mail for the 2 free PPV movies worth $4.99 each, (that thread is discussed little down the list about receiving the 2 coupons in the mail) you can go to the link below and request them for free.

DISH Network - Customer Service - 1.888.825.2557

enjoy..

Not to be a nervous nellie, but this part concerns me:

"Limit 2 free movies per eligible customer."

Is Dish going to claim that if you weren't targeted to receive the offer, they won't pay?

I can't seem to get it, as I have my Dish billed bundled with my local phone company, Embarq, and they don't print my account number on the bill.

Is this only good for sd ppv or can you order hdppv movie and be charged the $1 difference.

I didn't get the promotion, and I have been a Dish customer for over 15 years. What bothers me at the bottom of the link is:

"Limit 2 free movies per eligible customer."

As Catnap1972 said above:

What is an eligible customer?

Last edited:
Excluding this deal, which is free, why would anyone pay 5 dollars or more for PPV, when netflix or blockbuster offer a much better deal?

In fact the same applies to the premiums like HBO/Showtime, etc, though the premiums offer unique specials or series which might be the attraction, but for movies in my view it is not worth it

Pay first. Rebate later?

I don't think it matters which you do first. I just submitted one and it said that I have received a credit for a movie. It also said that the charge and the credit may not show up on the same bill.

Last time around this sort of promo showed up, I just sent the coupons in and got the cash credit on my account. Never ordered any movies. Found money! :D

I can't seem to get it, as I have my Dish billed bundled with my local phone company, Embarq, and they don't print my account number on the bill.

There are other ways of getting your account number. Even if you are bundled they should be able to tell you over the phone.

The coupon says good thru 4/30/09. I had 2 PPV movies on my bill that I just received that contained the 2 coupons. My 2 movies were rented on 1/6 and 1/13/09, and appeared on my bill I received on 2/12 covering the period from 2/20-3/19, and the 2 movies mentioned above ordered in early January. I filled the coupons out online and submitted both online, then read the receipt I received which said the movies had to be ordered after 1/23/09 to qualify. NOWHERE on the coupon does it state that restriction, only on the receipts I received after submitting the 2 coupons online. Leave it to Dish to send coupons out before they were valid, and not put the restriction on the original coupon itself. Will I receive the 2 credits or not? What do you think?

Here is what you are told once you sign up:

Thank you!

We hope you enjoy your free movie from DISH Network. We have received your request for one coupon redemption and will process your credit. Your credit will appear on your bill within 30 days after the movie appears on your bill. The charge for the movie and your $4.99 credit may not appear on the same monthly bill. You will only receive a maximum of two $4.99 credits for movies ordered from January 21 - April 30, 2009.
*Eligibility requirements may apply. Non-transferrable.

Hope this helps.

-al

Caveat Emptor

A big ole caveat emptor - buyer beware - on this offer. By agreeing to the free movies, one is also agreeing to their updated subscriber agreement. The new agreement details their new pricing. It's pretty clear even to a non-lawyer like myself, one would have no argument against the price increase by accepting their "free" offer.

"By reedeming this free movie, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the coupon and the DISH Network Residential Customer Agreement."

A big ole caveat emptor - buyer beware - on this offer. By agreeing to the free movies, one is also agreeing to their updated subscriber agreement. The new agreement details their new pricing. It's pretty clear even to a non-lawyer like myself, one would have no argument against the price increase by accepting their "free" offer.

"By reedeming this free movie, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the coupon and the DISH Network Residential Customer Agreement."

but if you are a current subscriber you are already bound by it.

Excluding this deal, which is free, why would anyone pay 5 dollars or more for PPV, when netflix or blockbuster offer a much better deal?

In fact the same applies to the premiums like HBO/Showtime, etc, though the premiums offer unique specials or series which might be the attraction, but for movies in my view it is not worth it

Can you say Red Box for $1 ?:)

BB468

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)