2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys - Will I be audited?

I was audited years back when I had the 921 pvr and I didn't like the way they talked to me. I was guilty till I proved myself innocent. Since I was on the road with my family headed to town for dinner & a movie when they called on my cell , I told them I would get back to them after I got home. When I got back home ALL my receivers were off except one. I then tried to get in contact with the audit department and they finally called back like an hour later and were so snotty, I said to myself then I wouldn't go through this ever again. I have 3 DISH accounts and I have installed all of them myself. If they want to treat customers like common criminals I can always go back to the competition.

So, for those audited recently with Hopper systems, did they have you go to each joey as well, or just the hoppers?

So, for those audited recently with Hopper systems, did they have you go to each joey as well, or just the hoppers?
I was audited a while back, and only had to give the info from each of my hoppers. It was actually a very simple process, and the person I spoke to was very polite and understanding.

Someone was wondering what triggers a hopper audit . . . in my case, it was the fact that one of my Hoppers is connected to a separate router (that is acting as an Access Point and switch) connected by ethernet to my main router, which is connected to my modem. The other Hopper is connected directly to that main router. Somewhere in all that information that the Hoppers collect is the MAC address of the device that each receiver is directly connected to. Since the AP in my case is a router and not a simple switch, it has it's own MAC address, which is of course different from the main router's MAC. That led them to suspect these might be in two different physical locations, connected across a VPN. I was able to show them that was not the case, and explained my use of the access point, and all was fine. He actually thanked me for helping him to understand this setup as he was sure that would probably be the case with most of the 'different MAC address' cases.

Don't get me wrong - that's not the only thing that triggers an audit call. But it does make complete sense now that I had the opportunity to work through the details with the auditor. Sure was a relatively pleasant experience considering all the horror stories I've heard here.

I returned a defective Hopper which was received by Dish on Feb 3 but still shows up as Not Yet Received on the My Shipments page of my online account. I have made at least 15 phone calls and sent 1 PM about this but I can't seem to wear them down and get it corrected, but I keep trying. If I'm audited I think I'll know why.

I returned a defective Hopper which was received by Dish on Feb 3 but still shows up as Not Yet Received on the My Shipments page of my online account. I have made at least 15 phone calls and sent 1 PM about this but I can't seem to wear them down and get it corrected, but I keep trying. If I'm audited I think I'll know why.

Was the PM to Dirt?

I was audited twice. The first was a long time ago when I had multiple VIP dvrs.
Second one was shortly after I self installed a two Hopper, one Joey and a VIP211K. That one had me nervous as I had to go to the garage to give them the Joey number and the cell phone dropped the connection at that distance. They called again almost instantly and I was able to pick up a phone in the garage and then I had to go to the back bedroom where I keep the 211. Luckily the cell phone hung onto the call.

I think the audits both times was triggered by my self installs but also suspected the second one was because I had a 211 on a Hopper system.

and did you save the tracking number?

Oh yeah! The PM was to DIRT and the reply saved. I've also got hard and soft copies of the completed UPS tracking info. I've been assured several times that the receiver is in their system and not to worry about a non return charge but ...

I returned 2 receivers at the same time. One shows up as received twice and one as Not Yet Received. I think they would have tried to charge me by now if they really thought it was missing but who knows how their clunky software handles these things?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts