2 more NYC stations just added

HDNewser

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 21, 2007
Long Island, New York
FiOS has now added 2 standard-definition subcarriers of WABC's HD signal, Channels 867 and 868. One carries reruns of Channel 7's syndicated and public-affairs shows and the other carries Accuweather forecasts with a local news scroll at the bottom.
Now if only WPIX would put alternate programming on its standard-def subcarrier (Channel 861) to replace the Tube Music network, which went out of business last month.

make that THREE New York-area stations added

[SIZE=-1]FiOS has also added WVVH, a low-power UHF station in Southampton, Long Island, putting it on Channel 14. I suspect it's available only to Long Island FiOS subscribers and not those in New Jersey.
Per my previous post, [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]the other 2 stations just added (867 and 868) [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]are standard-def subcarriers of Channel 7's HD signal (807). They presumably are available to all FiOS[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] subscribers in the New York metropolitan area.[/SIZE]

Interesting. I LIKE "The Tube" music, but Verizon removed it a month or so ago from our channel lineup. The channel which had it is now showing sports.

FiOS has now added 2 standard-definition subcarriers of WABC's HD signal, Channels 867 and 868. One carries reruns of Channel 7's syndicated and public-affairs shows and the other carries Accuweather forecasts with a local news scroll at the bottom.
Now if only WPIX would put alternate programming on its standard-def subcarrier (Channel 861) to replace the Tube Music network, which went out of business last month.

Interesting. I LIKE "The Tube" music, but Verizon removed it a month or so ago from our channel lineup. The channel which had it is now showing sports.

Verizon didn't remove it... TheTube removed itself.

THE TUBE MUSIC NETWORK

Dear friend of THE TUBE Music Network,

We regret to inform you of the fate that has befallen The Tube Music Network. October 1, 2007 The Tube ceased its national broadcast.

Viewers, Artists, Music Companies, Investors, Business Partners, TV stations, Cable companies, Advertisers , Friends and our creative partners @Radical Media - your support of The Tube has always been highly valued and appreciated. The collective efforts of this team, fueled by the letters we received from viewers, sustained THE TUBE as it struggled through the financial limitations that ultimately contributed to its incapacitated state.

Thank you for inviting The Tube Music Network into your life.

Sincerely,

The Tube Music Network staff

Time Warner Cable and Channel Change Notifications

SeaLaunch Return To Flight Webcast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts